• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Handfull Of Sunglasses For Shipping Only At The Vault.

There was a pricing glitch on the Europe website this year on the OCP pages. They cancelled all the orders & there was uproar about it all over the Oakley Facebook pages. Eventually they agreed to standby the prices on the orders. It was no way as good a price as you guys got but i got my OCP Jawbones for £86.00 instead of £240.00. If they do cancel you all need to be putting pressure on them all over their Facebook pages & you never know what will happen. Good luck guys.

How is that fair? If it's a glitch, why put pressure on them to honour a mistake? It's a mistake, it shouldn't have happened. That's like acciddently running over someone and then being pressured to finish the job so reversing over them just to be sure.

How is that fair? If it's a glitch, why put pressure on them to honor a mistake? It's a mistake, it shouldn't have happened. That's like accidentally running over someone and then being pressured to finish the job so reversing over them just to be sure.

Sorry, but that analogy is kind of funny. I officially hate school! Good luck to all of you, however I have experienced some companies simply apologizing and canceling my orders. And they weren't free, but in the end a bad mistake on their part. Keep us all updated, just so I can keep regretting not visiting the website after my final

How is that fair? If it's a glitch, why put pressure on them to honour a mistake? It's a mistake, it shouldn't have happened. That's like acciddently running over someone and then being pressured to finish the job so reversing over them just to be sure.

HAHAHA! I can always agree with you on about everything you post! lol good stuff

I'm sorry but what you said is no way to compare it. They have people that look after their computer system? For this "Glitch" to happen somebody must have interfered with something? As I was always told computers don't make mistakes, they only follow orders given. It's about customer service. If you paid £0.99 for a service on a vehicle & then got a call saying you owed them £200 would you pay or say "not my problem". You've all ready paid the agreed price right?

I'm sorry but what you said is no way to compare it. They have people that look after their computer system? For this "Glitch" to happen somebody must have interfered with something? As I was always told computers don't make mistakes, they only follow orders given. It's about customer service. If you paid £0.99 for a service on a vehicle & then got a call saying you owed them £200 would you pay or say "not my problem". You've all ready paid the agreed price right?

If I was phoned up and told "Sorry, there was a mistake in the system and it should never have gone online at that price. You can still buy them at xx price if you want them or we'll give you a refund." I'll say fine, cancel the order, no harm no foul. What you are asking for is people to be pressured in to accepting the consequences of a mistake. We all make mistakes, I don't understand why you would want to put further pressure on someone to enforce the mistake. That is deliberately trying to benefit from the misfortune of others which is no way to live is it? From the posts of those who placed orders, it seems many have been buying in bulk and I'll assume that it is to sell them on at a profit. So you are advocating pressuring the business to take a loss so you can make a gain?

Reverse it for a second. If you accidentally sent too much money to someone via PayPal for example, found out and asked for them to send the excess back, what would you do if they turned around and said "not my problem"?

I didn't get bulk, just a few styles for me and maybe a gift. I see your point, but I sure do hope it was intentional and I get the deal! My order status is backordered too.

Here is the email that I received when this happened about 6 months ago.

Due to a system glitch on Oakley Sunglasses, Oakley Goggles, and Apparel - Oakley Vault, the Polarized Crosshair 2.0 that you ordered was shown with incorrect pricing and availability. Due to this, your order # ***** has been cancelled and a full refund has been credited to you.

In return, we would like to offer you a discount of 10% off a future order of Oakley product. This offer excludes Elite and Limited Edition products. When you are ready to redeem this offer, please contact an Oakley Customer Care Representative at 1-800-403-7449 for assistance. Please be sure to reference this letter when calling.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you for your continued support of the Oakley brand!

Sincerely,

Oakley Customer Care
1-800-403-7449

Hopefully everyone here will get what they ordered, but it didn't work out for me.

If someone got greedy and put 50 pairs in their cart I'd agree. Clearly they were taking undue advantage of the situation and their order should be canceled.
That said if someone bought one or two pairs and the order was obviously for personal use I think they should honor it simply out of good faith. These were mostly MPH's, old models, and eyeglass frames converted to sunglasses. Oakley used to just destroy that kind of stuff anyway, and the vault was just a way to eek out some extra money. Even rom a business perspective the bad blood it would create likely would not be worth the minor out of pocket cost to Oakley

In Michigan it does not matter if it was a mistake of not, legally if an item has a lower mismarked price, that is what the store must sell it for.

i don't see these orders actually shipping out and if that makes anyone mad, than you have issues. It was an obvious blunder, one that would maybe cost someone a job I would think but who knows..... if its to good to be true, than it more than likely is just that.... not true! I ordered some stuff up along with some of the newly listed flat bill caps which were a great deal at $9.99 so I guess we will see what goes down...

Back