• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Happy New Year, I'm alive! Interesting last few weeks.

What an absolute pile of **** the last few weeks have been. Working over time, lost my phone, ice storm, power outages, dodging falling trees, winter travel, Christmas by candlelight, bullet wounds, more travel, snow storms, and to top it off, an exploding semi truck.

At least they've finally got cable restored for my area, so I have TV and internet finally. And my new (used) phone can finally cloud restore now that my iTunes can connect to the servers again.

It's been a little while since I've been online. So much has happened. So little time to explain, I'm leaving for Hawaii in 3 days for 7, so I'll likely be on hiatus during most of that time again.

Sounds like your time in Hawaii is well deserved. Relax, unwind and enjoy it!

how about the exploding semi truck bro! lols like you went into a movie or something! lol! glad youre ok!
Yesterday around 11 am a semi truck slid off an overpass and ignited the tanker full of crude oil. Shut down one of the two freeways between work and home, so the commute home was during a snow storm, with icy roads, and double the normal traffic. Took close to 3 hours to get home, and I left before rush hour. Normal commute is between 35 and 45 minutes.

This morning the roads were slick with black ice everywhere. I was stopped for a little over half an hour due to an accident.

Nice stories to hear but in the end it is good to hear that everyone is ok. I guess it's a good thing that the year just started so hopefully the rest of the year will be better. Enjoy the time in Hawaii!

Wow Rust whata crazy adventure. Reading this I am in shock and awe as to how this could all happen over the span of a few days.

Very glad to hear you came through all this on the other side alive and safe from the sounds of it. Look at it this way, you have used up quite a bit of bad karma, something good has to be coming your way!

Back