• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hard To Find Grail (with Question), And A Killer Deal

Oakster

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Canada
Since November, I have been actively trying to find a set of Flores to complete my artist series. I was not looking for a steal of a deal and was willing to pay a fair/full price. Can't believe it took this long but they have arrived. Both new in box.

My question is in regards to condition. Both are mint and obviously never worn or even likely tried on. On the brown, the finish is far from perfect. I just want to know if this is common/regular or if it's a defect specific to the pair that I acquired. It has little speckles/bubbles. Pics 2 and 3 show it best I could. Any feedback would be great.
DSC07181_zps334cc51e.jpg
DSC07182_zps728acfdf.jpg
DSC07183_zps6f8186bb.jpg
***If there are people looking for Flores, in my travels I have connected with a few people. 1 of them emailed me last weekend that he thought he was finally ready to sell. I had offered $2000 - I'm not sure if that's as low as he would go, but it gives you a ballpark. Both are mint. The box on the blue is a bit bent up. PM me if interested and I can connect you.

And my 2nd best steal since I started collecting. Ended up paying $30 (although I could have got them for $25 but neither of us had change). Not mint, but pretty damn close.
DSC07184_zps02b9b0c4.jpg

jonoyong said:
I just checked my Flores 1.0, don't seem to have the bubbling issue. Is it all over the frame?

Yeah there's quite a bit of it.

Great pickups, all of them. $30? Seriously? Dayum! Congrats.

I think the glasses are sealed with a few coats of clear to protect the design transfers. Looks like dust or something got onto the surface before the coats were dry...or the moisture trap on the spray gun wasn't doing its job and some water droplets spit onto the surface while spraying. You could conceivably polish them out, depending on how thick the clearcoat is and how deep the blemishes go (but you don't want to sand completely through the finish). Then respray some clear and buff it out to a high gloss. I'll bet dr.chop could bring them up to speed. Give him a shout.

I have owned two pair of the Flores 1.0 one had no bubbles the other had small bubbles that we're hard to see but you could feel if that makes sense. Congrats on completing the set and 7 months isn't that long to complete the set it took me nearly 3 years to get a Flores 1.0 just ask Jono.

$30????????? waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? I need someone from the CMP to go arrest this thief! Awesome scores!

Just to clarify it's "RCMP" and my wife happens to work for them... she certainly didn't think it was a steal! I was so excited to show her my steal and she figured that FREE would have been to much for something that ugly. I had my usual retort of "well they're worth X amount" and she came back with her usual "it's only worth that if you sell it". Our Oakley conversations always end up being exactly the same!

I have owned two pair of the Flores 1.0 one had no bubbles the other had small bubbles that we're hard to see but you could feel if that makes sense. Congrats on completing the set and 7 months isn't that long to complete the set it took me nearly 3 years to get a Flores 1.0 just ask Jono.

Yup I can definitely vouch on that. Ha! Yeah took me quite awhile to get the complete set too. The AP frogs were the toughest. Congrats though! And hey,- Flores 1.0 is still a sweet pair, no matter what.

Back