• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hard To Find Grail (with Question), And A Killer Deal

Just to clarify it's "RCMP" and my wife happens to work for them... she certainly didn't think it was a steal! I was so excited to show her my steal and she figured that FREE would have been to much for something that ugly. I had my usual retort of "well they're worth X amount" and she came back with her usual "it's only worth that if you sell it". Our Oakley conversations always end up being exactly the same!

I forgot the R, your right. And about the conversations...... I know exactly what you mean.

Thanks Merc! Had another member PM with the same thing.

I really didn't want to have to deal with things as the seller was unreal to deal with and even popped in a few extra goodies for me.

The frames on my own examples are perfect but I recall a senior official at Oakley UK had received a pair of Flores 1 at the time of release that did have problems with the frame although I cannot recall the specifics. From the pictures the effect seems very minor, but I would suggest other pairs may show the same manufacturing trait, it should not be a problem, this is not a misuse concern, but part of the array of Oakley foibles like lens specks, uneven arms, lines on lenses, potential for peeling of certain coatings etc.

congrats man! i guess, even with the small imperfection, has the pair the WOW effect . . . the pics are so coll man - thank you for sharing with us.

Oakleynerd said:
congrats man! i guess, even with the small imperfection, has the pair the WOW effect . . . the pics are so coll man - thank you for sharing with us.

Now I really need to find some time to finish off the new spot and get all my displays back up and running!

My brown flores with orange icons have a terrible finish, so did the set that I sold to Nyarlathotep. Looked like dirt all in the finish, runs in the clear coat. This is a fairly common characteristic of at least the Brown Flores, moreso on the ones with orange icons for whatever reason.

my brown also has some factory bubbles. Theres a flores blue on Ebay right now and one of the shots, you can see the clear on the inside arm is wavy

Latest Posts

Back