• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Has A Pair Of Oakley Sunglasses Ever Saved You From Possible Eye Injury?

Good stories.
Mine isn't quite as traumatic, but MANY times my M Frames have saved my corneas from damage by raspberry vines dragging over them.
My favourite off-road mountain bike trail is overgrown with them.
I can't count the times those lenses have protected my eyes from kicked-up sticks, stones and swinging branches while racing down those trails...

Ironic this thread was revived from the dead the day my college bound daughter (who pitches) decides to throw a wicked inside curve that ticks off my glove right into my eye/Oakley Flaks. Popped out the lens and caused them to push into my eyelid which produces a nice little gash. Better than taking it on the orbital though!

At any rate it might be time to stop catching her...

IMG952544.jpg

Not my eyes, but still...
While snowboarding and trying a 540 a managed to land in my face (don't ask, 'til this day, I still don't know what happened or how it happened), I was wearing a helmet and my A frames goggles. The helmet saved me from a head gash, but I still had a small concussion and my A frames saved my eyebrows and nose (the lens cracked right in the middle) they did push into my right eyelid and I was seeing double for a couple days. So, in a way they did the opposite, my eye got "hurt", but my nose and eyebrows are as ugly as they've always been haha.

Blast from an RPG round that was fired at my fire team's position. The raggedy roof caved in and the debris rained down on us --- severely damaged my Radars but no eye injuries and luckily no broken limbs and other possible debilitating injuries.

Another Marine that same day was caught in an IED explosion and although he lost a few limbs and his face was plastered with shrapnel, the goddamn Oakleys shielded his eyes. This is pretty much why its the only glasses I'll ever buy at the end of the day. Real world sh-t.

I used to ride mountain bikes and motocross a lot, so various goggles and glasses have kept crap out of my eyes.

I was wearing my Jury's catching for one of the pitchers on my 10u fastpitch travel team. Girl pitched a ball when I wasn't looking and it caught me square in the left eye. Had I not been wearing my glasses, it would have been flush to my eye and I imagine not a good thing. Frames and lenses were surprisingly fine. Nose was a little sore but that's about it.

Back