• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Has A Pair Of Oakley Sunglasses Ever Saved You From Possible Eye Injury?

Riding a motorcycle i have been slapped with countless beetles, bees, rocks and even a bat(at dusk) never even scratched the lens. I keep the hydrophobic coating on the lens.

Liquid soap at 350 pounds per square inch on a natural gas well blasted M Frames right off of my face. I still got a lot of soap in my eyes, but I would have been blinded without them. I got Moons after that because they cup around your eye socket. I owe Oakley for that, and didn't wear anything else while working on gas wells.

Countless times shooting 3 gun and USPSA. Get splash back from shooting steel targets. Flack 2.0 XL is what I wear shooting.

My Oakleys have saved my eyes while mountain biking.
And once i was on a quad and had a rock hit my lens pretty hard the lens ended up with a chip right in my line of sight pretty sure i would have lost an eye if it was not for my Oakleys.

I feel that my glasses have definitely helped me avoid eye injury. I'm a longtime wearer of glasses, and just switched to contacts. I'd fell naked without something in front of my eyes.

Back