• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Has Anyone Had Their X Metals Custom Painted Or Powder Coated?

What to do...!? What to do...!? I guess the only feasible option is to get the Gold Plated. Wonder how much that's going to run, with today's gold market!?

What about the black mat for the orbs; what would be the best way to tackle that?

MB³
Blacking the orbs is the easy part. X Metal man I think does an epoxy type process (which is probably an epoxy primer) that should hold up. He is setup to do more of that stuff than I am and would be a good option. I would seriously have a jeweler polish them up and they may even have the ability to gold plate them, but I know that process the car emblem guys use is easy to find and inexpensive. Caswell.com I believe has the kits also. lots of that type of stuff there

let the x-man do it,everyone who trys it on there own screws them up,and where are you gonna get the new rubber.

i think this is something similar to what you have in mind?

p1020759r.jpg

p1020757d.jpg

this is a combination of a X-metal Juliet and a 24k XX. done by the Doc.

Yeah saw those on your FB post, they are SICK Bro! If I could get that with the chromed gold, I'd be set! Thanks for posting those!

MB³

thats soooo ben done already....but they do look cool.

Ummm... Okay!? You've been in on this conversation since page two and you're just now getting the idea of what I want? In post #33 you say, to let you do the work, but then in a PM you ask me what I want done. And now with your last post, it's like you just got the idea of what I want, like it's the first time you're hearing about this. Is there more than 1 person that posts with your SN? o_O?

MB³

Back