• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Has anyone tried these Cheap Juliet Lenses

I know that the general consensus on aftermarket lensed is to stay clear but has anyone tried these?

New SR Polarized Ruby Red Replacement Lenses for Oakley Juliet | eBay

The first part of your statement "I know that the general consensus on aftermarket lenses is to stay clear" should be a key indicator to ask "why" do we suggest you steer clear. If you do a simple search we have laid it out as to why aftermarket, low cost, cheap, lenses are to be avoided. This is why members seek alternative means as to avoid the "aftermarket lens craze" Just because its cheaper doesn't mean its better. The forum has messed with approx 6 aftermarket lenses, the results would make you understand why they are avoided (there is a thread on this also).

The first part of your statement "I know that the general consensus on aftermarket lenses is to stay clear" should be a key indicator to ask "why" do we suggest you steer clear. If you do a simple search we have laid it out as to why aftermarket, low cost, cheap, lenses are to be avoided. This is why members seek alternative means as to avoid the "aftermarket lens craze" Just because its cheaper doesn't mean its better. The forum has messed with approx 6 aftermarket lenses, the results would make you understand why they are avoided (there is a thread on this also).
As far as I'm aware, nobody has mentioned these Spanish lenses in previous threads.

Has anyone tried them?

I think the old adage that "You get what you pay for" holds true for those cheap aftermarket lenses. Stick with OEM and you know you won't be disappointed!

A bit of a harsh response, perhaps I should have stated that I'm not planning on screwing them like that!

It's just that aftermarket lenses, both in general and specific brands, is one of the most over-discussed and thoroughly answered topics on this forum, yet the "what about these aftermarkets?" question keeps popping up. And that can prompt some frustration (or at least SMHing) from us who have spent the effort already thoroughly answering the topic.

As detailed in those threads, only Oakley has Prism tech for optical superiority. No aftermarkets compare to it. Whether or not some new kid on the aftermarket block has been specifically vetted, their price point alone is enough to indicate they're no better than the others.

I LIKE THE GUANG DONG LENSES FROM CHINA

books.jpg

Back