• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hatchet and Eye Jacket 2.0 lens choices

Just curious, would a guy with a giant head, like myself, be able to wear a Hatchet?

Just curious, would a guy with a giant head, like myself, be able to wear a Hatchet?
I think the spring hinge design makes that probably a no.
Or a guy with a skinny head like mine?
Oh yeah, and the O-Luminum frame would make them comfortable.
Perhaps Ice or Ruby?
Ruby maybe, Ice was original too.
I just may have to find a hatchet now and have some BIP lenses installed :)
Or wait for a Ducati to pop up. They pop up every now and then.
A Turbine? Sure, why not?
emoji14.png
I like Turbines- good, fresher colors, thick lenses and best of all they work well with my cutter. Flaks and those sports-oriented lenses do not cut well for me because they are very slippery, almost seeming to have a super hydrophobic finish. Big Tacos, Turbines, Plaintiffs and the like stick to the suction cup very well as they do not appear to have the same treatment to the lens.
But the Flaks just want to twist and walk around. As soon as the router (mill) hits the lens the suction cup releases just a little and goes off center. I even tried Dawn detergent to take the coating off and that had no impact. No issue for hand cutters but for my deal sub-optimal.
We're accustomed to Oakley lens quality and their sports lenses are no exception.

Just got these in and wanted some opinions on lens choices please!
First up a Hatchet; really been appreciating this style lately so one more added. Good right lens but sadly a scratched etched lens. What do you like in them?

Additionally a pair of FMJ Eye Jacket 2.0. Always liked the EJ 2.0 but metal snobbery prevented me from picking one up. Found a decent deal so what lens choice do you like there?
View attachment 207754
BIP. :)

Back