• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hatchet nose bumps and ear sleeves

Has anyone tested the Zero ear socks on Hatchet to confirm that the fit is acceptable? Hatchet earsocks are a lot thinner, than the zero earsocks - so the fit may not be optimal. I believe that the Hatchet earsocks are 72mm long - are there any other options as a replacement?
The pictures I posted are zero earsocks on a hatchet frame

I understand that they fit on the frame - I was just wondering how the frames fit on your head with the zero earsocks on - that's all.

Hatchet's weak point are the hinges... but I'm not sure if they fail because they have to deal with extra load when they are worn or when they are folded. I'm amazed no one is making any aftermarket parts for the Hatchet.

Hatchet's weak point are the hinges... but I'm not sure if they fail because they have to deal with extra load when they are worn or when they are folded. I'm amazed no one is making any aftermarket parts for the Hatchet.
They can break from overextending the arms so wearing them over the brim of a hat is a no no. They can also just wear out from normal usage. the plastic plunger has a catch point on it that wears out over time. I have two hatchets that I won’t wear for this reason. The razrwire has the exact same flaw because the design is the same (although I’m not sure if the plunger and spring are interchangeable). I love the hatchet frame but won’t wear them because it’s not a matter of if the hinge will fail, it’s a matter of when.
70ACA0BB-7A84-4A24-93B9-21DDA42E8327.jpeg

I wear my Hatchets daily, I'm on a 3rd frame since 2005. On mine, the plastic pipe shears off the plastic block part of the plunger. Nose bombs and earsocks seem to wear out over time, though if you let them be (don't remove them for cleaning) and you keep the glasses in a case when not in use - they will last.

I wear my Hatchets daily, I'm on a 3rd frame since 2005. On mine, the plastic pipe shears off the plastic block part of the plunger. Nose bombs and earsocks seem to wear out over time, though if you let them be (don't remove them for cleaning) and you keep the glasses in a case when not in use - they will last.
That’s what happened to a pair of razrwires I used to wear. The plastic tube separated from the block. In another instance, I had an issue with the angled cut on the block wearing down from opening and closing the arm. I fixed them using a donor frame but don’t wear them anymore. Like you said, you can prolong the life of the hinge if you’re really careful but they will eventually break or wear out again.

Valve 1 nosebombs will work and as as others have said before so will Juliet earsocks work but use new sets

Back