• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hatchet Spring Hinge repair

Scarface

The World Is Yours
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
O-World
Since I have some Hatchet glasses, one has to be prepared for repairing the hinge sometimes.
I bought some of my Hatchets with broken hinges. Razrwire parts are identical and easy to get on eBay so that's what i'm using now.

IMG_9427.JPG

IMG_9428.JPG

Keep in mind the orientation of the hinge parts, take a picture

IMG_9430.JPG

The temple washers is not flat like X-Metals, there is a slope that fits into the screw hole

IMG_9436.JPG

Spring and plastic part is quite hard and it is difficult to align to the center of the screw hole, you need to use some force to push the spring a little back. Not so easy to push and try to screw.
I used what I had, a Dremel holding tool to have the glasses fixed so i can push and screw at the same time.

I used a needle first to get the holes above each other and held the stem in the right place for the screw.

IMG_9431.JPG

IMG_9433.JPG

Finally, the Hatchet i got from @Wicked is fixed

IMG_9435.JPG

Last edited:
Since I have some Hatchet glasses, one has to be prepared for repairing the hinge sometimes.
I bought some of my Hatchets with broken hinges. Razwire parts are identical and easy to get on eBay so that's what i'm using now.

View attachment 553424
View attachment 553426

Keep in mind the orientation of the hinge parts, take a picture

View attachment 553427

The temple washers is not flat like X-Metals, there is a slope that fits into the screw hole

View attachment 553431

Spring and plastic part is quite hard and it is difficult to align to the center of the screw hole, you need to use some force to push the spring a little back. Not so easy to push and try to screw.
I used what I had, a Dremel holding tool to have the glasses fixed so i can push and screw at the same time.

I used a needle first to get the holes above each other and held the stem in the right place for the screw.

View attachment 553435

View attachment 553437

Finally, the Hatchet i got from from @Wicked are fixed

View attachment 553438
Send back to Maine?

Latest Posts

Back