• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hatchet Spring Hinge repair

I was hoping this fix would also work for the Magnesium M Frame. I got a Razrwire to steal the hinges. They are very similar, but it was not a perfect fit. The spring was just a little too long and the plastic piece was a little different shape.

Or perhaps the old spring was just worn? @Scarface i did notice that the holes for the arm and frame did not align and that force would have to be used to get the screw to align properly but I didn’t try any further.

Anyone else tried it on the Mag M Frame?

4C62F21A-7D5D-4008-907B-62AA79553C25.jpeg
BDB2A87B-F7D9-4194-9DCD-B6774A6E8557.jpeg
C2588419-D388-487D-9453-463DB9302D5C.jpeg
05C65323-981B-4DEF-9C41-E2D96ECE51A9.jpeg

Does anyone what size screws are used for Hatchets?

T4?

Phillips head.
I find 1/16 or 5/64 slotted driver works best.
One slot of the head is deeper and wider while the other is shallow and narrow. But the shallow and narrow slot is close sided so 1/16 fits like a glove and feels much more locked in vs the other slot using a 5/64

I don’t have a Phillips driver of proper size that’s a small enough diameter to reach the head.
689f1074108287c8687b2f4d2c5f7728.jpg

Phillips head.
I find 1/16 or 5/64 slotted driver works best.
One slot of the head is deeper and wider while the other is shallow and narrow. But the shallow and narrow slot is close sided so 1/16 fits like a glove and feels much more locked in vs the other slot using a 5/64

I don’t have a Phillips driver of proper size that’s a small enough diameter to reach the head.
689f1074108287c8687b2f4d2c5f7728.jpg

Thanks for the reply mate but I am looking to replace one of the screws on a Hatchet that looks partly rounded off.

Want to replace it but don’t know which screws Oakley used.

What screw are you talking about on the frame? I can’t imagine our hatchets have different screws.

An orbital screw.

Just want to know what they are called, not which screwdriver size can remove it.

I am thinking about getting a pack like this and hoping one fits.....

SODIAL 600 Pcs/Set Small Stainless Steel Screws 12 Kinds of Electronics Nuts Assortment + 1pc Screwdriver for Eyeglasses Repairing Tool SODIAL 600 Pcs/Set Small Stainless Steel Screws 12 Kinds of Electronics Nuts Assortment + 1pc Screwdriver for Eyeglasses Repairing Tool: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

Last edited:
An orbital screw.

Just want to know what they are called, not which screwdriver size can remove it.

I am thinking about getting a pack like this and hoping one fits.....

SODIAL 600 Pcs/Set Small Stainless Steel Screws 12 Kinds of Electronics Nuts Assortment + 1pc Screwdriver for Eyeglasses Repairing Tool SODIAL 600 Pcs/Set Small Stainless Steel Screws 12 Kinds of Electronics Nuts Assortment + 1pc Screwdriver for Eyeglasses Repairing Tool: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

Yup that is what I have buddy. One of them should fit. Very handy especially with my other Wire sunglasses.

Idk if it's metric or inch, since it's USA made i don't think it's metric.
Be careful so you do not destroy the threads.

Back