• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hatchet Spring Hinge repair

Yup used them on some of my hatchets (one beater frame had a near useless stripped head). But as what Scarface said just be careful. I only used the one that screw on smoothly. If doesn’t screw in smoothly, dont force it. That is aluminum thread frame and very easy to strip. I have no means of sizing the screw properly here in KSA so I just took the risk. Please take this into consideration.

Yup used them on some of my hatchets (one beater frame had a near useless stripped head). But as what Scarface said just be careful. I only used the one that screw on smoothly. If doesn’t screw in smoothly, dont force it. That is aluminum thread frame and very easy to strip. I have no means of sizing the screw properly here in KSA so I just took the risk. Please take this into consideration.

Will do, mate.

I am usually careful with my tinkering!

Got a link to the screw pack you purchased or do you remember the name of it, bro?

I’m having a hell of a time getting my hatchet back together after I disassembled to deep clean it.

I can’t believe how much force it takes to get everything aligned.

@Wicked @Brit@KSA @Codechimp08 @hondazcrxsi @pjd1234 @cacatman

finally got the opportunity to install the new hinge parts in metal.
They work great as they should when opening and closing the arms.
Hope they don't break as the plastic one do and we get rid of this problem.
View attachment 584822
View attachment 584823
View attachment 584824
View attachment 584825
View attachment 584826
View attachment 584827
View attachment 584828
what tool did you use to put that hinge in that small space.

what tool did you use to put that hinge in that small space.
I just did this with a pair of Pennies using sintered 3D printed parts from the EU, very similar size and function. I used hemostats.

Back