• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hatchet Wire

Razerwire

And then there was X...
Falls Church, VA
Anyone have a pair? Are they a good pair to have for a rather large head? I checked out O-Review and it seemed to get mixed responses as far as how big they are.

Any help or comparison pics to a Juliet would be appreciated!

size is comparable to Juliets.
fit wise a little more comfortable as it has spring hinges... at least it doesn't try to deform your skull over prolonged wearing.

sorry, can't help with the pics cos i sold mine off quite long ago

The fit is about the same as an X-Squared imho.
They are really lightweight though for a metal frame.
I can't really comment on the spring hinge issues on O-Review as I've never had any problems with mine. As far as I can tell, some folk seem to have got upset that they have sat on or otherwise snapped their Hatchets and Oakley can't replace them.
The answer to that, my friends, is be more careful with your glasses. (I think most of us on here are.)

Oh, and if you are interested in a mint pair from a fellow collector, look no further than my thread in the Exchange section. For trade or sale.
http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-s...aw-ice-mint-boxed-lightweight-o-luminium.html

Doh! I'm bidding on an auction on eBay right now. How much are you willing to part with yours? I don't have anything for trade as my collection is rather small. :(

Doh! I'm bidding on an auction on eBay right now. How much are you willing to part with yours? I don't have anything for trade as my collection is rather small. :(

I put them up on Ebay UK last night for £129 starting price.
I pitched this price midway between the allegedly new ones which people are asking about £150 for, and the ropey-looking used ones (that you don't know how well they've been treated), which have gone for as little as £70/£80.

Maybe send me a PM if you want to discuss a possible deal?

Cheers,
H.

Thanks for the heads up but unfortunately that's well out of my budget range. I don't plan on getting a complete one so it'll be a lot cheaper on the wallet hopefully.

Back