• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hatchet

Maveryq13

Take a nap, player!
Baltimore
My interest was piqued last night on the Hatchet. From what I gathered, it seems they have issues.

Are they lemons?
Are they easily repairable?
What is a fair price for them?

The hinges are somewhat delicate/have a tendency to go bad. The Razor wire is a direct replacement for the hinge part so you'll see them get broken down for parts. There are also stainless (I believe) replacements available from ebay. I haven't actually had to replace any hinges on my Hatchets but I believe that @Scarface has done a few and here's his thread - hinge replacement. The rubbers and nose bombs are also exceedingly rare though Juliet rubbers will suffice and there may be a nose bomb that will work but cannot remember it off the top of my head.

IMHO, they are not really designed for large noggins. The front of the frame is not super wide so on a larger head the arms are stretched and this probably leads to eventual hinge failure. They are really awesome looking frames overall and are fringe metals ;)
Yeah, considering they're aluminum, they're about as X-Metal as the Mad/Bad-Mans, ha

The hinges are somewhat delicate/have a tendency to go bad. The Razor wire is a direct replacement for the hinge part so you'll see them get broken down for parts. There are also stainless (I believe) replacements available from ebay. I haven't actually had to replace any hinges on my Hatchets but I believe that @Scarface has done a few and here's his thread - hinge replacement. The rubbers and nose bombs are also exceedingly rare though Juliet rubbers will suffice and there may be a nose bomb that will work but cannot remember it off the top of my head.
Think it’s Valve 1.0 for the nose bombs

My interest was piqued last night on the Hatchet. From what I gathered, it seems they have issues.

Are they lemons?
Are they easily repairable?
What is a fair price for them?
Hatchet is a pretty awesome frame with the weak point being the plastic hinge piece which @Codechimp08 explained can be replaced. That are not a lemon but you def need to be careful with them.

Fair price would be $150.00 but you know how the market is ATM

Back