• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Have I been sent the wrong lens's?

IR Ma50n

Oakley Beginner
Hi

I am new to this forum, apologies if this has been covered before, i tried some searches but with no success.

I have just received a set of replacement lenses for my juliets. Frame reference is 04 149 55 21, carbon frame with black polarised lenses.

Having scratched the lenses on my glass to the extent they affect vision I ordered some new lenses from Oakley after a couple of emails to customer services checking when new lenses would come into stock.

The lens reference given by customer services was 95-896 which seems to be the right reference when I search the Internet.

The paperwork confirms the lenses to be 95-896

However, the lenses seem to be ever so slightly different in shape.

The new lenses seem slightly thicker, a slightly different shape at the bridge end ( more rounded at the top) by a mm or so and slightly longer by a mm or so.

Whereas my old lens I can pop in and out of the frame no problem the new lens is just a touch bigger and looks like it would have a gap at the top corner near the bridge.

I have emailed customer services but don't expect a reply until next week, is this a known issue?

Should I just be a little more forceful with the lenses, I don't want to break them?

Hopefully there is a quick solution, I can try to take a picture if it helps but the differences are small, but I expect critical.

Many thanks in advance

Picture of lenses, old on the left

image.jpg

Welcome to the forum.

Have you tried mounting the new lenses yet? There's a degree of natural variability to x-metal frames so the lenses conform to more or less average dimensions. The lenses too have a degree of variation. I had some really nice ruby replacements that I tried in I think six frames before I found one they fitted in correctly.

I have tried they just don't drop in, I feel like I will have to force them in / the frame to close round them

i've just done a comparison with a new set i have and they look closer to the new lens in your photo.

Last edited:
could the larger lens be for a xx? i know they aren't available in polarized but the shape looks the same.

Last edited:
Ok,

Update. I had only tried one lense, the left with polarised etched on it.

The right lens dropped in after a bit of wiggling, not as easily as the original but it's in.

The left remains an issue though.

I've got it in but it takes a lot of force to hold the frame closed to screw it together. Once the gap is closed the bottom of the lens isn't sat in the groove but popped forward which suggests to me the lens is slightly bigger than the frame. I can't get the damn thing out now but have removed the screw, I'm worried it will pull out and strip the frame threads.

I guess I will have to wait for a customer service reply, it could be I send them back to Oakley as I don't want to force the lens out and see what they say

I would recommend that you call Oakley customer service if you can. I've always gotten better results from phone calls to Oakley rather than email.

A couple of weeks ago I called Oakley to ask about getting prescription lenses for Juliets. They told me that I would have to send the frames to Oakley to get the lenses made, so that Oakley could ensure proper fit. So it seems like Oakley's prescription department recognizes that "one size fits all" doesn't apply to Juliet lenses.

Latest Posts

Back