• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Have The Polarized Selection On Oakley Website Been Cut Down

oaks90

Oakley Beginner
Why aren't some oakleys aren't. Offered in polarized on the website like jawbones and jurys etc

Re: have the polarized selection on oakley website been cut

Yes it has been cut down quite a bit, they used to have a few fire lensed frames in polarized but not don't. Like the older "new" straight jackets that had a polished aluminum/fire polarized colorway. They even discontinued the Straight Jacket II's in grey/fire polarized. I managed to get the last pair of those at my local oakley store for a huge discount.

Its a way for them to get you to customize your glasses and charge you an extra $20 in the process

I was looking at the radar customs earlier, I noticed on the british site at least a load of the frame colour options are not there any more.

ExMetal said:
Yes it has been cut down quite a bit, they used to have a few fire lensed frames in polarized but not don't. Like the older "new" straight jackets that had a polished aluminum/fire polarized colorway. They even discontinued the Straight Jacket II's in grey/fire polarized. I managed to get the last pair of those at my local oakley store for a huge discount.
would you by chance have a picture? those sound really nice.

That picture doesn't do them any justice. I can take a picture of them. They are a little bit glossy on the frame. Hopefully this is as good picture.

th_StraightJacketII.jpg

They have done the same thing with replacement lenses. No more Juliet Ice and Fire polarized. Now....they do make those of course so I think (I'll have to try sometime to find out) you could call customer care and ask for a pair. Course where all this goes is plain frames and/or plain lenses in various combos unless you do a custom order....and just watch the prices rise. Sorry starting to vent again

ExMetal said:
That picture doesn't do them any justice. I can take a picture of them. They are a little bit glossy on the frame. Hopefully this is as good picture.

th_StraightJacketII.jpg
they look purple in that pic

They are grey, thank you very much cloudy day. I'll wait until its clear and sunny before I try again.

Back