• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Have two Juliets with the original blue lenses. Would like to have Linegear refurbish and change lenses.

Ah ok. I always just viewed these Juliets as just sunglasses that protect my eyes out here in the desert. I'm not a collector.

So the Linegear photochromic lenses are no good and / or overpriced?

I'm not looking to resell these. The only new Oakleys I was considering are silver frame Wire Tap 2.0 (which looks to be available only as a prescription lens configuration) or silver frame Savitars. I would sell my Juliets to pickup those two models up.

Ah ok. I always just viewed these Juliets as just sunglasses that protect my eyes out here in the desert. I'm not a collector.

So the Linegear photochromic lenses are no good and / or overpriced?

I'm not looking to resell these. The only new Oakleys I was considering are silver frame Wire Tap 2.0 (which looks to be available only as a prescription lens configuration) or silver frame Savitars. I would sell my Juliets to pickup those two models up.
I would just go with the aftermarket lenses in that case buddy. Collectors are really fussy about what they put in their X-metals. If I was to buy aftermarket lenses, I would go with LG or Fuse. Fuse also have some very good lenses.

Fuse Chrome get my wank nerve twitching like no other!
Think Fuse are the better of the two to be honest. I have had some trouble le with LG recently. I got a pair of their black Polarised for a Romeo 2 for a guy who had the framed retuned. I got them and sent them with the frame to him in Italy. They didn't even fit. I ordered $200 worth of Juliet socks as that is all I can get now, no Oakley's left. They sent me XS. No help from them whatsoever. Complete To**ers in m y book.

Think Fuse are the better of the two to be honest. I have had some trouble le with LG recently. I got a pair of their black Polarised for a Romeo 2 for a guy who had the framed retuned. I got them and sent them with the frame to him in Italy. They didn't even fit. I ordered $200 worth of Juliet socks as that is all I can get now, no Oakley's left. They sent me XS. No help from them whatsoever. Complete To**ers in m y book.
What colors of LG XS earsocks ya got that ya don't need?

Sorry, I wasn't focusing when I posted this. My two Juliets have plasma frames and ice iridium polarized lenses.

There are light scratches on the lenses, but the frames are still in really good shape.

I'd really like to try the Linegear NXT VARIA Photochromic lenses and am considering going with the ice photochromatic for one of the Juliets and titanium clear photochromatic for the other.

Also considering the white rubber set to replace the original black ones. Anyone know how durable and / or prone Linegear's white rubber is to discoloration?
Maybe a little late for my 2 cents, but I have used @Linegear Japan a lot since OEM rubber is pretty hard to find.
Also put some Varia in a Mars that I would never sell. I've got 6 other X-metals all with OEM lenses and I definitely keep going back to the Mars with LG lenses.

Posted some pics and further comments here. Post in thread 'LINEGEAR Japan Corner, Q&A, latest update' LINEGEAR Japan Corner, Q&A, latest update

Also never had any issue with postage, communication or quality.
Low light
IMG_20210623_181124.jpg

Bright light
IMG_20210623_185909.jpg

Back