• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Have you ever mailed something before the buyer paid?

pistolpetefan23

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
I had an extra SI microbag I sold on eBay, with the auction ending last night. Got up this morning and had a few things going on but was able to get to the post office and send it out. Went in to put in tracking and realized the buyer hadn't paid yet. D'oh! Doesn't have a lot of history so hoping he comes through with payment shortly. If not, at least it wasn't a big ticket item I F'ed up.

Yes someone from O review we exchanged $ and goods all the time Last deal I sent 300 dollars worth of glasses was told "grandmother sick"..."going to mail check now"...etc Never got a cent... after maybe 15 great transactions Then he refused to reply altogether...but 99% of people here are honest I do wait for payment now - did not have PP at that time...

Yes, and the times that i did i got problems with it, so i nowadays stand my ground. No money, no package to the postal office.

I have sent a couple things to members here without payment officially in my account, but I guess I was more wondering if anyone else had accidentally done it as I did today.

No, neither intentionally nor unintentionally. I'm also surprised when a seller leaves me feedback as soon as they ship, before I receive / accept the item.

But yes, on this forum Hog and others have shipped to me (of their own volition) before I'd paid in full, though I do think I had made a down payment in most cases.

I sure wouldn't provide tracking before getting paid!
As with several members here I have for forum members but not eBay.

Think it goes back to relationships. Ive had $3,000 packages sent before I paid and then Ive had people beat me up over $20. Depends also on how long they have been on forum. I remember doing a trade with Nico and people were all freaked I agreed but it went smoothly.

got a member ship the items to me before i paid... i felt that he trusted me so much and he has my trust in him too... that makes a good community. well on ebay, i hope the buyer is trustworthy enough to honor what he owes you....

Latest Posts

Back