• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Have you seen this before?

TheWannaBe

Resident Lurker
Premium Member
O Universe
So I recently got a juliet from CL, the SKU points to plasma and emerald, but something has happened to the frame because it's more bronze then it is plasma.

The bottom pair in the pictures is another plasma frame juliet I have (for comparison purposes) but notice how much darker the top pair is... Anyway very unique color!

Thoughts?

image.jpg

image.jpg

That was my thought, but I have never see this kind of oxidization before on a model that wasn't a gen 1. And to be honest even the Gen1 never looked this different.

Seen this type of oxidation and patina before from some beater frames that were offered to me. This is the type of patina seen if the frame is really used and the person wearing them has a highly acidic perspiration. Notice that yellowish patina is more concentrated on parts that would directly contact the wearers face...particularly the nose, cheeks and eyebrows.

I've seen a pair that had heavy discoloration like that. Not sure if I still have them but never quite figured out what/why it'd go 'off' like that.

Seen this type of oxidation and patina before from some beater frames that were offered to me. This is the type of patina seen if the frame is really used and the person wearing them has a highly acidic perspiration. Notice that yellowish patina is more concentrated on parts that would directly contact the wearers face...particularly the nose, cheeks and eyebrows.
So your saying I got someone's sweaty shades?!? Lol! Well ether way I think they look awesome, I havent seen any of these before and I think I'll hang onto them :)

Back