• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Haven't been keeping up on posts but what happened to the big purchase

rmontez

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Wisconsin
I think it was from an optometrist in Texas? Supposedly it was a group buy for Oakleys with a decent discount, close to the wholesale price they get them for. Anyone know what happened?

The deal fell through because the guy couldn't get his **** together. He may have been full of crap, I don't feel like any of us involved ever got a straight answer from him. @Dallas O Hog tried several times to get a solid list of what he had for sale and all we ever got was delays and excuses.

Yea he didn't commit to anything. Not even a list. Told me sold a medusa for $11k.... I don't know who would pay that. Hard for me to believe him Made several trips over several weeks but no dice. In end he said he was adding to a collection in CA and was going to get part of the other guys sales. Other guy must be stupid lol

Yeah the guy knew enough to at least make the claim that he had some extremely rare pieces. His profession made it easy to believe at first but as time went on we all learned that he had little physical proof to back up his claims.

Maybe he had the stuff, maybe he didn't. We'll probably never know for sure.

Latest Posts

Back