• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Having a hard time pulling the trigger on Juliets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well thanks for all jumping on me at once! I'll get all my info uploaded asap!!! Lol

Don't forget to research what interests you before going any further. It will save you money and potential hassle later on.

One tip be careful on here there are a lot of people that like to take advantage of new users on this forum. Meaning they over charge because the new person doesn't know any better

Seriously?

Yes, one should always do one's research first. And there are some people who post things at premium pricing. But people deliberately overcharging newbies to take advantage of them? And "a lot" of people like that? Are you sure you're not getting this place confused with another forum?

I mean, a WTS thread has a listed price seen by all. They can't jack up the price more if a newbie PMs them; that wouldn't work.

And posting a WTB thread, that implies you'll pay premium pricing. A WTB says "take an item of yours you didn't have for sale and sell it to me, I don't want to make the effort to find one myself, so I'll pay enough to make it worth your while..." Getting offered a premium price for a WTB isn't taking advantage, it's appropriate for the situation.

Good deals have to be searched out, beating everybody else looking for one. People don't just bring them to you...

I'm not saying nobody here ever tries to take advantage of anybody; it happens. But it's usually by making lowball offers, not by fleecing the ignorant. On the contrary, I see a lot more people watching each others' backs and helping out with leads than anything else.

Thanks for lookin out guys but I've bought a lot of stuff from auctions, garage sale sites etc... I know what I want and how much is to much to pay for me.
No worries

Hey @oakvad...I bought my first pair of Juliets on this forum about a week ago from @Pat. I got a good deal on a polished and polarized fire pair...it was in fantastic shape. I also purchased another pair from him the other day...waiting on delivery. If you know what to look for in Juliets (i.e. fakes and what-not), then Ebay might be OK. However, if you're a first time buyer of Juliets like me, then I would stick to this forum. I did my research and compared them on Ebay and here...purchased a premium membership and the rest is history. From my observations the X-metals here seem to be in better shape than the ones I searched for on Ebay. That's not saying you won't find good ones on Ebay...I recently purchased an X Squared pair off of Ebay and it was in great shape. The premium purchase was worth it for me since I don't post that much. Just be patient waiting for the right one to pop up on the X-Metal Exchange...something will catch your eye.

Reactions: Pat
Seriously?

Yes, one should always do one's research first. And there are some people who post things at premium pricing. But people deliberately overcharging newbies to take advantage of them? And "a lot" of people like that? Are you sure you're not getting this place confused with another forum?

I mean, a WTS thread has a listed price seen by all. They can't jack up the price more if a newbie PMs them; that wouldn't work.

And posting a WTB thread, that implies you'll pay premium pricing. A WTB says "take an item of yours you didn't have for sale and sell it to me, I don't want to make the effort to find one myself, so I'll pay enough to make it worth your while..." Getting offered a premium price for a WTB isn't taking advantage, it's appropriate for the situation.

Good deals have to be searched out, beating everybody else looking for one. People don't just bring them to you...

I'm not saying nobody here ever tries to take advantage of anybody; it happens. But it's usually by making lowball offers, not by fleecing the ignorant. On the contrary, I see a lot more people watching each others' backs and helping out with leads than anything else.

Yes seriously. I should have been more specific. A lot is not an accurate statement. It's been 3 or 4 and all via PM not WTS threads. The flip side that I did not mention is that I have also met some great honest people also. @Wicked would be one.

Yes seriously. I should have been more specific. A lot is not an accurate statement. It's been 3 or 4 and all via PM not WTS threads. The flip side that I did not mention is that I have also met some great honest people also. @Wicked would be one.

So you're saying people contacted you out of the blue via PM trying to sell you something for an inflated price? Had you given any public indication that you were looking for the item? If not, did you report them to the mods?

So you're saying people contacted you out of the blue via PM trying to sell you something for an inflated price? Had you given any public indication that you were looking for the item? If not, did you report them to the mods?

I have posted multiple WTB threads and have been contacted by different memebers via PM having what I am wanting to buy and their prices have been inflated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back