• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Having Second Thoughts Of An EBay Seller

AusOakley

I should Work at Oakley
Sydney, Australia
I'm not sure If this is in the right section but here goes anyways:

On the 21st of this month I was searching eBay, not for anything in particular but just a good buy in general. I came across a Seller who listed 9 brand new 100% genuine oil rigs (black with text/Black iridium) for $70 each Buy it now, So I selected the buy it now option and paid via the balance in my paypal account. In My paypal account it says the transaction is complete but still says pending in the listing on ebay, once before when selling an item I have had to go into the listing and select that I have received payment. So I emailed the seller and asked them to confirm my payment in their paypal account and select item paid in the ebay listing. I understand I have purchased this item through the christmas period but should I be worried that the seller won't post my item, I sent them an email on the 23rd and the 26th with no response???

I also noticed that the seller id was just random letters eg: fgtrhd **please note that this is not the actual seller id

A few days after my listing ended I saw that 9 more of the same item were listed from another seller who used random letters for their name only this time for a different amount.
Both of the sellers locations say Australia (where I'm from) but different places in the same state.

Any thoughts welcome

Ya i saw these and was gonna buy but decided not to because it seemed too good to be true.

Seems a little odd!? But you have payed for it using PayPal, so if they don't supply you with a postal tracking number and the item doesn't turn up soon (I would give it some time tho due to it being such a busy time of the year) you can simply lodge a complaint with PayPal and you WILL get your money refunded.

PayPal claims and disputes take a while tho! I had a bit of drama with an ebayer and the dispute took over 5-6 weeks to be finalized. Moron gave me the wrong shipping address and then had the hide to make a dispute with PayPal. He won the dispute as I no longer had the tracking info (even tho it was the wrong address anyway) but that's another story. But yeah, they took their sweet time with the matter so don't hold your breath.

P.S. you sent me a PM ausoakley but it won't let me reply due to your settings. In answer to your question: The shop is called Saltwater Wine but they ended up selling out of the ANTIX you were after.

Ok here is what I found....I looked on Ebay, but realized the sellers were on Ebay Austrailia......

1. The title is a giveaway as to the small "a" at the end of Oakley. It is a cut and paste and they tried retaining copyright logo. I have seen this numerous times by sellers on Ebay who list stuff to good to be true. They also may have good feedback around 25-50 from different bogus accounts. Review the feedback and look at the buyers feedback #'s which is usually 0,1 or 2.....
2. Both accounts seem similiar in nature letter/number choice.
3. Both accounts have zero feedback.
4. The prices on these are too low to pass up, which is what the seller wants you to do. Buy them and ignore the $149 from everyone else.
5. Most of these sellers are not in the state or country they say they are in. The Paypal account is usually opened with bogus info.
6. Paypal will back you on this, but I believe you will have to wait 10 days before you make the complaint
7. Also review the auction listing, if you find that the above things exist pass it by.

Thanks everyone for all the input. I filed a claim with paypal last night and am just awaiting a response from the seller. I did get an email in response to my original one but all it says is that i can rest assure they are an honest seller and they will provide tracking for my item, only time will tell

@Mickle, thanks for the reply

Ok here is what I found....I looked on Ebay, but realized the sellers were on Ebay Austrailia......

1. The title is a giveaway as to the small "a" at the end of Oakley. It is a cut and paste and they tried retaining copyright logo. I have seen this numerous times by sellers on Ebay who list stuff to good to be true. They also may have good feedback around 25-50 from different bogus accounts. Review the feedback and look at the buyers feedback #'s which is usually 0,1 or 2.....
2. Both accounts seem similiar in nature letter/number choice.
3. Both accounts have zero feedback.
4. The prices on these are too low to pass up, which is what the seller wants you to do. Buy them and ignore the $149 from everyone else.
5. Most of these sellers are not in the state or country they say they are in. The Paypal account is usually opened with bogus info.
6. Paypal will back you on this, but I believe you will have to wait 10 days before you make the complaint
7. Also review the auction listing, if you find that the above things exist pass it by.

See, this is why I said it was a job for you! Always great ebay knowledge and info, helping our forum members out big time!!

Latest Posts

Back