• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Having Second Thoughts Of An EBay Seller

Thanks everyone for all the input. I filed a claim with paypal last night and am just awaiting a response from the seller. I did get an email in response to my original one but all it says is that i can rest assure they are an honest seller and they will provide tracking for my item, only time will tell

@Mickle, thanks for the reply

I am truly surprised that they responded.

Dude I wish you the best on this. Sometimes if people complain they will shut down his account and you wont be able to message them.... Make sure you repeatedly check his status and make sure he is active

Just an update for anyone who wants to read it: So I've been in contact with paypal and they are awaiting a response from the seller (which probably won't happen), hes also sent me a (fake) tracking number for the item which should have been shipped from australia yet its being shipped from china, i thinnk I've sent 3 or more emails requesting a refund with no response and paypal can't do anything until he responds. I have also found a 3rd listing for the same item with a different username also supposedly located in australia

EDIT: I have been given the tacking number RA310823061CN i think its china post and the site
http://intmail.183.com.cn/item/item...4cJR2kQHhnDFWXtYhLQXVBhWzpp!-1530164102?lan=0

but am still unable to track it

That sucks. If he doesn't respond, PayPal will automatically approve your request. That has happened to me in the past. It just sucks to have to go through the trouble and waiting. That's why I always use PayPal. Also, be sure not to send payment to people as a "gift" through PayPal either because that isn't covered under their protection terms. Only send PayPal "gifts" to people you trust.

I will definitely be double checking future ebay purchases. I just can't believe how some people can be, listing an item from australia but he lives in china!!!

I will definitely be double checking future ebay purchases. I just can't believe how some people can be, listing an item from australia but he lives in china!!!

My first ever pair of polished black Oil Rigs was listed as being in Australia, yet after I paid and shipping was confirmed, I received an email from eBay congratulating me on my first ever international eBay purchase! I was like "WTF!?!? I haven't bought anything from overseas!?"

They were 100% authentic tho, just wasn't happy about being deceived into thinking they were here in Australia. the box had suffered slight damage as well!

My first ever pair of polished black Oil Rigs was listed as being in Australia, yet after I paid and shipping was confirmed, I received an email from eBay congratulating me on my first ever international eBay purchase! I was like "WTF!?!? I haven't bought anything from overseas!?"

They were 100% authentic tho, just wasn't happy about being deceived into thinking they were here in Australia. the box had suffered slight damage as well!
That's exactly what's happened to me. Only found out when the seller sent me a link to a website for china post, website doesn't work though( surprise!!! Not)

So I finally received the glasses in question, which did in fact turn out to be fake, they looked like they were made from rubbers/erasers with a painted icon. really crappy fake. So i've been in contact with paypal and in order for me to get my money back I had to return the glasses to china, which cost me almost more in postage than it did for the rubber crap I was sucked in to buying. So Had to provide tracking info to paypal but also left a little note requesting a refund of the postage cost, given that the listing stated postage from australia but was sent from china and it must have cost him all of maybe $4 to make this piece of junk

Back