• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hawaii Gascans

wassaaaaaaaaaap

Oakley Expert
Honolulu
Ok so I'm visiting my favorite Oakley dealer here who sells many Hawaii Exclusive Oakley's and he starts showing me a pair that, unlike the normal gascan pairs that have the Hawaiian Flag Icons only, this one has "Hawaii" on the lens in a "Hawaiian" font. I had never seen this pair with the writing before so I immediately picked it up as I have the other gascans with just the icon. They are polished Black. Does anyone else have this pair or seen it before? I'm not sure how many pairs he has of these but I saw at least 3 more. They were $126 with sales tax. If anyone here is interested in them I will be going back there over the weekend and I can pick them up for $126 plus shipping costs to you just shoot me a pm. I took a couple of pics of them as soon as I got back to my office but I take crap pics so bear with me.

141.jpg

142.jpg

070.jpg

Are these supposed to come with special bags and boxes? I picked up my Hijinx while vacationing in Oahu a few years ago, but not from an Oakley store, but an authorized Oakley dealer. He couldn't find the right box and i got a regular black microfiber bag with it.

I can take more pics later but I need tips on how to take better pics so that the writing will come out. I am not a photographer AT ALL lol. I don't think the writing is actually called "Hawaiian" fonts but I forget the actual name of it. Whoops I also forgot to mention that the $120+tax price I got it for was a 10% discount price he gave me off the MSRP $135. Guess I was too excited to get these and show them off lol.

Are these supposed to come with special bags and boxes? I picked up my Hijinx while vacationing in Oahu a few years ago, but not from an Oakley store, but an authorized Oakley dealer. He couldn't find the right box and i got a regular black microfiber bag with it.

Mine came with the box and bag but it is a custom so there is no sku I think. I checked the Custom Oakley's through the Oakley site and couldn't find the writing style so I think they are not publicly available worldwide.

Here's a better pic of the etching. I got a dusty office so there was some dust on there already from sitting in here. It has that " 'Okina" which is that reverse apostrophe used to separate sounds in Hawaii and other Polynesian languages, between the two "I"s

214.jpg

Back