• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Headin' off to NYC possibly... which should I take?

As far as a gun take one you can shoot period no matter the model finding one you can shoot comfortably is key
Course in my case... good luck getting on a flight (which I assume would have to be checked and with paperwork/etc). :p They have me flying into Philly on Saturday, flying back the following Saturday.

It sounds like they may have NYC down for a couple of the stores in which case I'll probably ferry into the city as I wouldn't want to drive in there to do merchandising/repair.

Ok... The usual "what could happen last min" scenario has come to pass.

The guy I'm covering in Philly (and would have been mainly Philly, NJ, parts of NY state but not the city) came back early from medical.

They couldn't cancel my flight or rental so last minute decision to approve me to go to NYC after all... So I'm flying from GRR, to Orlando, then to Philly, then I have to drive the rental to Long Island where my hotel will be. And I'm guessing NYC is a part of Long Island (or least the only way in or out of it).

Restructuring my bag real quick so I'm not taking anything I wouldn't use in NYC vs Philly, such as my drone.

Ok... The usual "what could happen last min" scenario has come to pass.

The guy I'm covering in Philly (and would have been mainly Philly, NJ, parts of NY state but not the city) came back early from medical.

They couldn't cancel my flight or rental so last minute decision to approve me to go to NYC after all... So I'm flying from GRR, to Orlando, then to Philly, then I have to drive the rental to Long Island where my hotel will be. And I'm guessing NYC is a part of Long Island (or least the only way in or out of it).

Restructuring my bag real quick so I'm not taking anything I wouldn't use in NYC vs Philly, such as my drone.
They can’t change your flight to JFK or LaGuardia? That way you’d already be on Long Island. The boroughs of Queens and Brooklyn are on the western end of Long Island, then the rest is the counties of Nassau and Suffolk.

They can’t change your flight to JFK or LaGuardia? That way you’d already be on Long Island. The boroughs of Queens and Brooklyn are on the western end of Long Island, then the rest is the counties of Nassau and Suffolk.
Nope, because they went the cheapest with southwest which is non refundable and can't fly straight out of GRR to jfk (least not with southwest)

And back I go on Monday for two weeks... probably to install all the parts I ordered during my previous visit.

Round two, and I'm most likely going to be taking my Flak 2.0 XL with the trail lens.

Who shall the second spot be :
  • Holbrook XL (Brown Tortoise Frame) - Prizm Tungsten Polarized
  • Holbrook XL (Woodgrain) - Prizm Shallow Water Polarized
  • Flak 2.0 XL (Black, Blue socks) - Prizm Deep Water Polarized (unlikely this one, though I may bring my case that can hold the Flak and two loose lens)
  • Clifden Custom (Rootbeer) - Prizm Snow Sapphire
  • Latch Alpha (Silver) - Prizm Sapphire Polarized
And the presently loose lens are Trail (Holbrook XL), Trail Torch (F2.0XL), Low Light (F2.0XL), Prizm Black Iridium (F2.0XL).

And back I go on Monday for two weeks... probably to install all the parts I ordered during my previous visit.

Round two, and I'm most likely going to be taking my Flak 2.0 XL with the trail lens.

Who shall the second spot be :
  • Holbrook XL (Brown Tortoise Frame) - Prizm Tungsten Polarized
  • Holbrook XL (Woodgrain) - Prizm Shallow Water Polarized
  • Flak 2.0 XL (Black, Blue socks) - Prizm Deep Water Polarized (unlikely this one, though I may bring my case that can hold the Flak and two loose lens)
  • Clifden Custom (Rootbeer) - Prizm Snow Sapphire
  • Latch Alpha (Silver) - Prizm Sapphire Polarized
And the presently loose lens are Trail (Holbrook XL), Trail Torch (F2.0XL), Low Light (F2.0XL), Prizm Black Iridium (F2.0XL).
Holbrook wood grain

Back