• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Headin' off to NYC possibly... which should I take?

Decided I'm not even going to try to bother driving and parking in Manhattan. Gonna ferry over to midtown, and subway it down to union square for the first store taking a minimum of tools needed for the LG tv wall update in my shoulder bag.

And no. Not going to wear the Kokoro there.

Decided I'm not even going to try to bother driving and parking in Manhattan. Gonna ferry over to midtown, and subway it down to union square for the first store taking a minimum of tools needed for the LG tv wall update in my shoulder bag.

And no. Not going to wear the Kokoro there.
Be extra careful on the subway, loonies running amuck down there

Be extra careful on the subway, loonies running amuck down there
Subway and streets don't seem bad here, and the ferry was easy and quick. It was the drive to Port Imperial that was a bit of a headache.

I'll be heading back before 3 since I got some stores in Jersey to do.

Sunday will be my day off and it only takes about 20-30 mins from the hotel to get to the ferry , so might come back for a day trip on Sunday.

20210826_094636-01.jpeg

Ps already saw what you meant about loons, it's the same way in Grand rapids , just fewer of them there.

Subway and streets don't seem bad here, and the ferry was easy and quick. It was the drive to Port Imperial that was a bit of a headache.

I'll be heading back before 3 since I got some stores in Jersey to do.

Sunday will be my day off and it only takes about 20-30 mins from the hotel to get to the ferry , so might come back for a day trip on Sunday.

View attachment 895043

Ps already saw what you meant about loons, it's the same way in Grand rapids , just fewer of them there.
I’m glad you had an uneventful commute! Enjoy your day off!

Hey, I’m actually in Manhattan this week. Flying home to Bama in the morning. Have seen my fair share of “colorful” folks venturing out. No eye contact though….that’s the key haha
So far it's not entirely dissimilar to downtown grand rapids, just blow it up 1000x larger and add the potential for subway interactions.

At least that's the daytime impression.

Hey, I’m actually in Manhattan this week. Flying home to Bama in the morning. Have seen my fair share of “colorful” folks venturing out. No eye contact though….that’s the key haha
People really underestimate how well this works. I’ve had to intervene multiple times when tourists stare at a nut and he takes the opportunity to pounce on them lol

Back