• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Headin' off to NYC possibly... which should I take?

Never had it squished in my usage, doesn't even budge in the bag. Now if you were to maybe drop a cinder block on it... Sure.

The "soft" pill is the same way.

Ps the one shows with the rubber label, is more squishy than the flak jacket style I have. But I have the Juliet in that, not a wire or omatter (but still doesn't seem to crush from normal handling).
I was referring to the rubber label one, didn’t even notice the other case was there lol, my bad.

I was referring to the rubber label one, didn’t even notice the other case was there lol, my bad.
I got three. Two in the coach bag (flak jacket style soft, and that pouch) and one in the backpack as that hard carbon fiber pill.

Actually packed kind of light for this trip picking the Oakley backpack over my bigger clik elite bag and I'm glad I did because American airline shrunk their requirements it seems like and the Oakley bag was small enough to go in the overhead on the smaller 3 row and 4 row planes without needing to take a valet tag for checking. The coach bag is a perfect fit under the seat.

So the pouch doesn’t crush? Does it have any hardness at all to it? I was gonna buy one online but don’t wanna buy something that I won’t use.

Edit pics of the inside and such would be helpful whenever you get time, no rush

So the pouch doesn’t crush? Does it have any hardness at all to it? I was gonna buy one online but don’t wanna buy something that I won’t use.

Edit pics of the inside and such would be helpful whenever you get time, no rush
It'll crush if you squeeze it, so I wouldn't trust say my whiskers in it, but may have my Flak 2XL. It's kind of a tighter fit and the zipper doesn't go all the way to the other edge so you kind of have to tilt the glasses in and out. If you're gonna do something like climbing with it, definitely stick to durable frames. The Juliet is slightly on the edge of being long for it, but that kind of holds the pouch straight since any squeeze on the middle is held back by the stems holding it straight.

I usually have it in my coach or Oakley shoulder bag next to the carbon fiber pill (I usually like having Trail + something darker like tungsten or DWP).

Plane taking off to Rochester now (had a layover in Philly) so gonna be offline for an hour and a half if you reply back :p

Back