• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Heater M frame lens options

MilMan

Oakley Beginner
I have the Heater frame & would like to have a different lens than the Heater lens.
Are there any other style lenses that would fit? Strike, Hybrid, etc.
I have heard some lenses will not fit the old school Heaters.
Any help is appreciated.

The M Frame is universal to all of the appropriate lenses. If you have an older generation of frames I would not suggest a new lens as the size variations over the years can leave you with a combination that may crack the older frames. First generation frames likely won't fit, second generation may be tight and can easily result in a cracked frame.

If you post photos of what you've got I can tell you what it is. If you take a picture of it on your face I can try and suggest a lens size that might suit you better.

The current lens sizes in decreasing size are; Heater, Agro (3.0), Strike, Hybrid, Sweep, Hybrid S. There have also been Slash, a previous version of Hybrid, V, 67, and Strip lens sizes that were sold with the 1st and 2nd generation of M Frames.

image.jpg
The M Frame is universal to all of the appropriate lenses. If you have an older generation of frames I would not suggest a new lens as the size variations over the years can leave you with a combination that may crack the older frames. First generation frames likely won't fit, second generation may be tight and can easily result in a cracked frame.

If you post photos of what you've got I can tell you what it is. If you take a picture of it on your face I can try and suggest a lens size that might suit you better.

The current lens sizes in decreasing size are; Heater, Agro (3.0), Strike, Hybrid, Sweep, Hybrid S. There have also been Slash, a previous version of Hybrid, V, 67, and Strip lens sizes that were sold with the 1st and 2nd generation of M Frames.

That's a newer frame. Buy any lens/size and it should fit.

I say should because there has always been variations in frames and lenses that can cause a fit to be too tight or too loose. If you bring it to a store they'll check the fit for you.

Just be sure to clean out the frame's lens channel to keep the new lens from scratching on dirt in there.

Back