• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hellllllo from Vancouver Island

man.0f.leisure

Oakley Beginner
I've been a fan since the mid 90's but didn't snag my first pair until I moved to the island in my early 20's. 1st pair was the thick square wires, had them for a few months before they were stolen on vacation... 2nd pair I went big, a pair of the plasma/emerald Juliets shortly after they were released. 3rd purchase was the next summer, black/ice Twenty's mainly for camping at the lake since they float. In 2007 got married in Hawaii and couldn't resist going to the Oakley store, bought numerous tee's and a mechanism (not 100% sure on name) back pack. I was tryin watches on for fun then my wife purchased the dark metallic Judge for me as a wedding gift. I believe my 4th pair was in 2009 on vacation in Hawaii for our anniversary, sales guy let me pick colors and lenses for the Jawbones.

Really none of my friends could understand my love for Oakley products or why they were expensive. When I started buying Oak's I worked for Sport Chek, an Oakley rep (Casey) would swing by the store once maybe twice a year and do product knowledge training for the sales team. Over the years I went to several sessions and once I became a manager and was able to sell them, our store went from minimal sales to being one of the top 3 Sport Chek's in western Canada. Mind you it wasn't all me since I had 2 or 3 other employees who felt the same way about the product. Since we sold so many I was able to put orders in to head office and pick and choose what we'd get for our store instead of some faceless guy at head office who had no idea what we could sell. Anyways back to the first sentence in this rambling paragraph, I loved explaining to friends everything that went into making a pair of Oak's. Sometimes their eyes would glaze over and I'd take the hint, but then I'd let them try mine on and ask if they noticed any distortion between their sunglasses and mine. Every once in awhile I'd see them in my store asking to check out what we had. :)

So sorry for the rambling on and on but I figured it would maybe be tolerable since we all love this stuff. I only wish I found this forum years ago. I happened to stumble upon it researching the Madman's since I eyed them up last week at the mall.

When I started buying Oak's I worked for Sport Chek, an Oakley rep (Casey) would swing by the store once maybe twice a year and do product knowledge training for the sales team.

Best Dude ever! And best name ever... his last name is Jones. He was actually the guy who took me from a guy that had a pair to a guy that was passionate about the brand. Would have been about 2002 when I met him and we was rolling in a customized Nissan truck. I thought he was the coolest guy in the world! Back then I think he was 1 of 2 tech reps in the country. I still see him as he's still in the industry - and still a great dude!

Back