• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello all

Festus Clamrod

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
I am currently trying to get a skate shop off the ground and would like to carry oakley’s also. Does anyone have any advice on becoming an oakley distributor?

I am currently trying to get a skate shop off the ground and would like to carry oakley’s also. Does anyone have any advice on becoming an oakley distributor?
Have you called Oakley US or Lux. to find out what you have to do in order qualify as Oakley distro.
I noticed many Opticians have discontinued after decades selling Oakley. When asking them why they not selling Oakley anymore the situation became instantly strange.
So, I can only assume that dealing with Oakley/Lux. is much different than it was before Lux.

Have you called Oakley US or Lux. to find out what you have to do in order qualify as Oakley distro.
I noticed many Opticians have discontinued after decades selling Oakley. When asking them why they not selling Oakley anymore the situation became instantly strange.
So, I can only assume that dealing with Oakley/Lux. is much different than it was before Lux.
Sounds like some wholesaler pricing things. Lux has gotten tougher over the last few years for business and consumers.

Maybe these former sellers are under some kind of NDA?

Throwing stuff out there... but the only one I know with a mortar store is @Chris A Hardaway. Hopefully, he can share a tidbit.

I don't know exactly. But I'd call 1800-422-2020 tell them to like to become a dealer, perhaps ask for accounting. See if they can send you the paperwork to open an account. You'll obviously need references for banking and perhaps other vendors. They don't necessarily have to be optical vendors. Maybe a company like Deluxe or some other skate company. Good luck! You'll need to carry a minimum amount of units. Probably 25+ sunglasses. The may also open you for apparel and accessories which would be cool too for the sk8 dad's.

Back