• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello Fellow Oakley Enthusiests

My name is Eric. I got hooked almost 12 years ago when I bought a pair of XX -black with ruby Iridium lenses. I then started working at a place where we sold Oakley's so I was fanatical about them from then on!
I still own the XX but I also now own a pair of bottle cap and a pair of Juliets

My first pair of Juliets were stolen from me and recovered 3 times! AND they were once run over with a fork lift...ruined the lenses but the frames were still good!!! Sadly the 4th time they were stolen I was unable to recover them....BUT I just bought another pair, sent them to the xman for a full refresh and refinished in TI02. I am stoked

View attachment 205484
Welcome to the forum. :)

I'm curious.....how did you manage to let the same pair of sunglasses get stolen from you 4 times? :twitch:

Welcome to the forum. :)

I'm curious.....how did you manage to let the same pair of sunglasses get stolen from you 4 times? :twitch:

I knew someone would ask...lol

1st time I left them at a friends house and someone stole them from off the top of his fridge. A year later I saw them at a houseparty when I was with that same friend at the other guys house... i called him out on it... His reply was "i thought they were mine"..total bs but whatever.

2nd time I had laid them down at work during lunch and someone walked off with them....i found them 3 days later on the ground like they fell out of someones pocket. The lenses were ruined but none the less, i was happy just to have them back

3rd time they were stolen out of my car. I had went inside for a job interview and left my windows down due to the hot day.I came out and realized they were gone and started driving up and down the street because it couldnt have been more than a few minutes....and low and behold a sticky fingered foreign fella was wearing my sunglasses not even 100yards from where he stole them.. I had to call the police before he took me serious and said "damn dude, its just a pair of glasses".... I was infuriated and tried to press charges but unfortunately the police said they couldnt do anything because he gave them back.

Then I left on the back of a fork lift at work and they fell off while I was loading/unloading a semi truck...they fell and I ran them over before I realized it....trashed all the rubbers and lenses but they frame held true to shape!?!...

4th time was the last time they were stolen and never recovered.... I had them in the car, under the seat, hidden out of view, and someone broke in to my car and stole EVERYTHING... even my rubber floor mats...needless to say the glasses and case were gone too...i almost cried that day....

I knew someone would ask...lol

1st time I left them at a friends house and someone stole them from off the top of his fridge. A year later I saw them at a houseparty when I was with that same friend at the other guys house... i called him out on it... His reply was "i thought they were mine"..total bs but whatever.

2nd time I had laid them down at work during lunch and someone walked off with them....i found them 3 days later on the ground like they fell out of someones pocket. The lenses were ruined but none the less, i was happy just to have them back

3rd time they were stolen out of my car. I had went inside for a job interview and left my windows down due to the hot day.I came out and realized they were gone and started driving up and down the street because it couldnt have been more than a few minutes....and low and behold a sticky fingered foreign fella was wearing my sunglasses not even 100yards from where he stole them.. I had to call the police before he took me serious and said "damn dude, its just a pair of glasses".... I was infuriated and tried to press charges but unfortunately the police said they couldnt do anything because he gave them back.

Then I left on the back of a fork lift at work and they fell off while I was loading/unloading a semi truck...they fell and I ran them over before I realized it....trashed all the rubbers and lenses but they frame held true to shape!?!...

4th time was the last time they were stolen and never recovered.... I had them in the car, under the seat, hidden out of view, and someone broke in to my car and stole EVERYTHING... even my rubber floor mats...needless to say the glasses and case were gone too...i almost cried that day....
Got it. So the first 3 times you were careless and managed to get them back. The last time you were actually careful and now they're gone. Go figure. ;)

Here are some pictures of my first pair that I bought many moons ago...What are these ones called?

They in rough shape missing 1 nose bomb, all original rubber and light scratches on the frames/lenses
IMG_76591_zpsjxljvvda.jpg

IMG_76601_zpslktp2dbj.jpg

IMG_76621_zpsngvi93in.jpg

Back