• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello From A Oakley Retailer! Feel Free To Ask Me Any Questions!

Welcome. I'm not going to be like the rest of these mooches and ask for a discount or anything like that. Since I didn't ask for one, I suppose you'll just give me one though, huh? ;)

I have a feeling you could pick up quite a few sales if you establish a good presence here!

I would exercise caution before placing an order here. Just make sure you are covered when, or if, you place an order folks. No one wants to see anyone get burned. :)

yup no longer heard him after he saw a lot of discounts being asked... he might be thinking the response might lead to someone asking free glasses.. haha! Just joking welcome to the forum bro...

Hello guys, sorry for the delay I came down with a horrible flu here in good ole' Virginia Beach! We have white stuff up to our eyeballs, I think in the North they call this stuff snow or something.

I didn't want to come in here and step on anyone's toes. I wasn't sure if this site already had a specific retailer or how this site goes about with members selling things so I simple wanted to start out by being a member here myself.

That being said. Let me answer a few questions!

Welcome. What are some of the 240 unique styles and color combinations?

I would be here all day typing that list out! Let's just say I try to keep the largest assortment out of anyone within my area. Most stores like a Sunglass Hut or skate shops have like 25 different styles/colors but have their Oakley Cases filled with multiples of the same color. Here we have custom built (non Oakley specific) cases that display just 1 each of a particular style and color, so unlike the other guys you really get a lot to choose from. We don't stock everything though. For instance, colors and styles that just don't move we can't have them taking up space. Our retail store costs $12,000 a month in the Summer so we need product that moves! As an example, you know the somewhat new style Breadbox? We don't even carry one of them. We got them in, no one liked the fit/look, we only sold one of them so we don't even carry them at all! Currently we are in a transition stage where our cases are 1/2 empty as we are sending back old styles or colors that weren't working as well and replacing everything with new stuff and the best colors. This time of year we don't have anyone breaking down our doors for glasses so it's the best time to do it.

It sounded like someone said "DISCOUNT!!" Well, I will be forthcoming in letting you know some great information on that topic. First, Oakley is very strict! but it's a good thing or that brand we love so much would be worth nothing because of people selling them at insanely low prices just to make $5. Anyone caught advertising Oakleys to be on SALE can have their license stripped and all their glasses seized, anyone caught pricing below the MSRP (same as their website prices) can have their license stripped and all their glasses seized, anyone caught selling online without Oakley's permission can have their license stripped and all their glasses seized .... sooooo .... ummm, yeah. HOWEVER!!! Oakley does not want us retailers loosing out on sales because the crooked skate shop down the street is secretly discounting them or because a guy walked into our store and saw them cheaper online somewhere. So they give us the option to do what is necessary in order to make the sale at the register. I will always do the very best I can to uphold Oakley's guidelines as well as make my customers 100% happy. I have been in the sunglass business for 12 years now and plan on being around for at least 50 more. That being said, if you are looking for a pair of Oakley sunglasses let me know their model number and I will offer you the most competitive price I am allowed to. Keep in mind, when buying form me you are buying from a legitimate retailer that is listed under the retailers on Oakley.com (Sunglass Shack in Virginia Beach, VA). I have to pay to have them shipped from California to me (about $7), I am a physical store with $12,000/month rent in the Summer months, $12,000 per month employee costs, I have electric, insurance, and that's not even including my own personal bills such as daycare for my 3 year old, my mortgage, car payments, etc. So buying from me actually helps out the "little guy", "Mom & Pop" retailer. Buying from some guy on Amazon means not knowing if they are 100%^ legitimate because an Amazon seller will almost never reveal their legitimacy (since Oakley would close their account) and they have no overhead. This guy probably has them in his moms basement. I will do the very best I can to always offer the most competitive price you can find. Simply feel free to PM me on here or e-mail me with the info and I will see what I can do to make you happy!

Take care!

Dustin Courtright
Sunglass Shack
sunglassshack@verizon.net
757-417-7489

Thank you and I will most likely become a sponsor for sure. I used to own a large online forum with thousands of members and knew what it was like to pay for the server costs and the time it takes to maintain it and build it properly so I will be glad to help! =)

And a side note, I am a retailer with a passion for Oakley but being a retailer doesn't mean I am a GURU by any means. So, if you do choose to contact me looking for something particular the best way thing to do is talk to me like you're talking to your Mother. :brunette: I may know what you are talking about but then again when you ask for the series III Duo-Plitanium Eyesock Jackets with bifold lens option signed by Darius Rucker I may not have the slightest clue what you are referring to, lol. But! I will do my best to track down the info you seek and help out in any way I can. I won't be able to get the discontinued stuff from way back but I do have luck with stuff recently discontinued sometimes. I just had a guy snag a pair of Twenties from me the other day because they are DISCO'd! I'm here to help where I can.

Dustin Courtright
Sunglass Shack
sunglassshack@verizon.net
757-417-7489

Latest Posts

Back