• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello from Central Kansas

Daylan1924

Oakley Enthusiast
Hey all,
It's awesome to be part of the Oakley community on this forum! I'm 26 years old; a collector of things here and there.

Although I have never owned a pair of O's, I am currently about to acquire some Over the Tops. (FMJ/Fire red). I am one of odd taste. I remember in 2000-01, (at age 5-6), seeing a pair of them in an Oakley kiosk window. Each time I'd see them I'd ask my mom to let me try them on. On one occasion we were really close to the kiosk and the employee heard me and finally broke down my mom to let me just wear them. At the time they were 180 which was astronomical it seemed at the time. I just need to wait until I see 2021 prices lol.. Well, in short, I'm finally able to get a pair but it also gives me the fix of nostalgia of going to the mall and spending time with my grandma as well.

My question for you all:
What thoughts or memories does owning Oakley's give you? If any.

Thanks,
-Daylan

Welcome to OF! Glad you are here!

I bought my first pair of Oakleys as a teenager in 2006. The thoughts I had about Oakley then still rings true today: owning and wearing a pair of Oakleys makes me feel unique. I've always felt that sunglasses, especially men's sunglasses, lack style and are somewhat "cookie-cutter" from brand to brand. Oakley shifted my attention away from the standard styles of sunglasses. This sounds kind of contradictory, being that I am a huge fan of Oakley's wayfarer-style Frogskins, but the color combinations that Oakley has created over the years adds that level of uniqueness that I've always admired.

Again, we are happy to have you on board. If you have any questions, there's definitely someone here that can help. There's an incredible wealth of knowledge among the members here.

Aloha and welcome to the Forum. :welcome:

IMG_3894.gif

Back