• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello from Melbourne, Australia!

Fusion_m8

Oakley Expert
A Happy New Year to all:

I have been into Oakley sunglasses since 1988 but only recently joined the forum and I have been impressed by some of the members' collection. Especially X-Metal's and Nortika's.

I got into Oakleys as a result of taking up cycling and watching Greg Lemond win the Tour de France 3 times and also the cycling World Road Racing Championships twice. Who can forget the 1989 TDF and that 8 second victory over Laurent Fignon at the final 24.5km time trial???

My oakley collection consists of Radars, RadarLocks, Magnesium M Frame, 1st gen FrogSkin and Juliets. I am in the process of acquiring the X Squared in Ruby. I sold my entire collection of M Frames except for one, a 1st gen Blue Iridium Sweep lens with a 2nd gen Metallic Blue M Frame with white Earsocks.

I had a Romeo R1 X Metal with Black Iridium, just like what Tom Cruise wore in Mi-2 and I was stupid enough to sell it off for only AU$250 few years back. Not learning from that lesson, 2 years ago I sold off my pristine X Metal Penny Ruby for what I thought was a great price of AU$425. HUGE REGRETS NOW!!!

Hopefully over the next few years I can hunt down a Romeo R1 and Ruby Penny for not too ridiculous prices while getting to know some of the great folks here on OakleyForum.com

Last edited:
A Happy New Year to all:

I have been into Oakley sunglasses since 1988 but only recently joined the forum and I have been impressed by some of the members' collection. Especially X-Metal's and Nortika's.

I got into Oakleys as a result of taking up cycling and watching Greg Lemond win the Tour de France 3 times and also the cycling World Road Racing Championships twice. Who can forget the 1989 TDF and that 8 second victory over Laurent Fignon at the final 24.5km time trial???

My oakley collection consists of Radars, RadarLocks, Magnesium M Frame, 1st gen FrogSkin and Juliets. I am in the process of acquiring the X Squared in Ruby. I sold my entire collection of M Frames except for one, a 1st gen Blue Iridium Sweep lens with a 2nd gen Metallic Blue M Frame with white Earsocks.

I had a Romeo R1 X Metal with Black Iridium, just like what Tom Cruise wore in Mi-2 and I was stupid enough to sell it off for only AU$250 few years back. Not learning from that lesson, 2 years ago I sold off my pristine X Metal Penny Ruby for what I thought was a great price of AU$425. HUGE REGRETS NOW!!!

Hopefully over the next few years I can hunt down a Romeo R1 and Ruby Penny for not too ridiculous prices while getting to know some of the great folks here on OakleyForum.com

Welcome to the forum! This place definitely fuels the fire when it comes to Oakleys :)

Back