• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello From Suffolk, VA!

SIG Sauer > Glock > M&P /discussion lol

Thanks for your service Infinite Hero!
Always, Really happy that I could serve in AFG. Was a dream I always wanted to do and decided at 39 to do it. Great experience and got to see and do a lot. I always looked at Veteran's as someone who was old and wore those Navy caps with 14 thousand pins on it, so it really has not sunk in yet. I know there are many who would do it in a heartbeat but can't for whatever reason, I am just glad I could. My part for our Country, keeping us free and making the world see that we help others where most Countries do nothing.

I would love to serve but three problems. One, I have too many bills, and can't take off the time and lose the paycheck for basic training. Two, My wife told me when I was offered a contractor position in Iraq in 2004 that it was do that without her, or work at a warehouse and have her by my side. She can't deal with the stress. Easy choice. Three, I'm too old to join now.
This is why I have the upmost respect for the men and women who serve our nation. It is a debt that I owe which I will never be able to repay. I cannot express my appreciation enough.

Yeah, my avatar is really creepy. I like t, and it has been my avatar on forums since 2006. Anytime I have tried to use a different avatar, it just doesn't feel right.

Sorry for the Hijack of this thread............ But, did you know less than 1% of the pop of America serves. 3 months after I joined they changed the age limit down to 36. I got lucky. If I had a family, I would never have been in the position to join. I probably would not have done LE either. Looking to settle down and maybe get a wife if she behaves. ( I probably will remain single in that case) Thanks for all your support of those who serve. Makes me realize that helping them is a privilege that I can do also. Wounded Warrior Project, and there is a new one that provides tracked wheelchairs to IED victims. I will get you that info in a PM. Straight funding, the company managers work for free, and all money goes to the chairs. I lost several people I knew over there due to IEDs. They are the worst.

I live in a military neighborhood, not far from JBLM (Ft. Lewis). Almost all my neighbors serve, and I am sure to tell all soldiers I see "thank you", and living this close to a huge base, I say it a lot.
When my wife and I donate, it has always been to Wounded Warrior, or St. Jude's. I also make sure a few times a year, when a soldier (especially if he/she has a family) is in line at the grocery store in front of me (usually Costco), I will step in and pay for their groceries. It's my way of saying thanks.

That is awesome, Most deserve that kindness. I always felt weird getting that kind of help, most people thought I was an officer, due to my age and how I carried myself. It was usually offered to someone I was with who was younger.

Back