• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello from Toronto, Canada (Old O-Review member...)

GSy1GA4.jpg

These are likely my most collectable pair — Ichiro 51 Signature Juliets polished with emerald slate iridium. I've probably worn them less than half a dozen times before deciding they were really too pretty to be worn at all.

da2JHXf.jpg

I don't know why, but I remember loving the wood grain on these Montefrios. At the time, I think they were the only Oakley glasses with a wood grain finish. Still one of my favourites to look at.

gAHADlU.jpg

These are probably my all-time favourite, most used-and-abused pair of Oakleys — matte root beer Holbrooks with bronze polarized lenses. I love my Frogskins, but I think the square frame of the Holbrook suits my round face a little better.

Welcome. I'm in the Durham region. So, when you are ready to unload some Oakleys, Let me know. Save you from having to ship to the US.

Always good to meet some Canadians. :)

I might be looking to sell those Ichiro 51 Juliets. Everything else is probably too beat up to be worth selling!

Welcome aboard, What stuff do you have besides glasses?

I remember buying a run of stuff from eBay when I learned that the seller owned an optical store in Toronto. That led to a few more local purchases, including a cube display cabinet, M Frame display stand, and trinkets like a Canadian flag metal icon sticker. He also sold me the Ichiro 51 Signature Juliets pictured earlier in this thread. At the time, I didn't know why the label/barcode was removed from the box. In retrospect, I don't think he was supposed to be selling Oakley displays and product on the side, so maybe that explains it... :/

Sure thing. It's a small collection made up mostly of beat up workhorses that saw daily use.

NlDseFt.jpg

A cube sits on my dresser for the daily drivers. Nothing special — mostly just Frogskins and Holbrooks. I have an assortment of M Frame and Jawbone lenses for biking. There's an M Frame display stand in there too.
pWmJKiu.jpg

EHNI6aY.jpg

I got these Razor Blades in 1994 on a family vacation. I was 16 at the time. I knew nothing about brand name sunglasses, nor did my parents. I'm sure they thought I was insane when I asked for these. I'm sure they were obscenely expensive. I just remember thinking the logo was really cool. I distinctly recall a "Thermonuclear Protection" sticker on a Jeep I frequently saw in our neighbourhood.
lO6zwez.jpg

These were my workhorse Juliets. Carbon with black iridium. They were the only pair of sunglasses I wore for many yers. The nose bridge is pretty loose and they're pretty beat up, but they were my first foray into the X-Metal styles.
Nice collection. Hope you enjoy your time here!

Serial or non-serial version?

If you're curious, here's what I asked in the value thread:

--------------
Hello everyone. I'm a long time Oakley collector (from the O-Review days) but I'm fairly new on this board.

What is is a pair of original Ichiro 51 Signature Juliets polished with emerald slate iridium worth these days?

Recent photos are here:

A few notes:

– All-original lenses are near-as-perfect as I can tell.
– Frames have been handled and worn maybe a dozen times. Near-mint condition.
– Hinges and nose bridge are factory tight.
– Frames are CAN/US model, non-serialized.
– Includes extra hinge and nosepiece rubber, Juliet coin, box, foam intact.
– Box has the sticker/barcode removed.

I understand these are not as collectable as the serialized frames. The box with the missing sticker/barcode also puzzled me for a while. Now, reflecting upon it, I bought these in 2005 from a local optician who was selling Oakley product on the side. He sold me all of my Oakley display items (cube, display stands, etc.) and these Juliets. You can see my post archived on O-Review from 2005 where I asked the community about their authenticity:

Anyway, having owned several pairs of Juliets over the years, I am absolutely certain these are authentic, all-original frames and lenses. I suppose the non-serialized frames and missing sticker/barcode from the box make my pair less desirable as a collectable item, but I believe they still have value.

Any input as to what these are worth these days? Maybe US$500?

Latest Posts

Back