• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello from Washington state!

djr7572

Oakley Beginner
Hello!

New to the forum and new to Oakley sunglasses. Loving Oakley so far, but I do have a question about a pair that I bought today at my local Oakley store.

So, what I thought I was buying, was the Infinite Hero Flak Jacket XLJ. I asked the Oakley rep at the store, "hey. is this the Infinite Hero series?" ... he said "yes, that's it". But after looking at Google Images, I don't think that's what I have here. I believe what I have is some kind of special edition, but I don't think it's Infinite Hero (which is really what I wanted, although these are cool, too). I pressed the guy a little more for clarification, because I thought the Infinite Hero series was a sort of purple & grey theme - not camo. He told me that this green & brown color way is the new Infinite Hero color way. Is that true? What do I really have here? What's also odd is, there's no mention anywhere on the box that this is a special edition of any kind - but they were $240, which is obviously more than the standard $210 for the normal Flak Jacket XLJ polarized.

Thanks!

- David
IMG_3136.JPG
IMG_3139.JPG
IMG_3140.JPG

Yes, its true. That is a new IH colorway. It should also come wirh a cross etched on the left lens too if Im not mistaken.

Yes, its true. That is a new IH colorway. It should also come wirh a cross etched on the left lens too if Im not mistaken.

Ok, thanks. And yes, there is a special logo etched into the lens.

Another thing I just noticed - the sticker on the box says Oakley Military & Government Sales - which is the site to order Standard Issue. So, do I have a Standard Issue pair of shades here? Because I was under the impression that in order to get SI glasses, you have to submit some paperwork, get approved, and all that. A bit of a process.

Back