• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello - if I must . . . Not an enthusiast so much as just a guy who needs Romeo 1 lenses.

NEJohn

Oakley Beginner
Hello all,

About me . . . I'm a simple man with a simple wish. I want to find new lenses for my original Oakley romeos which after 14 years of hard use and abuse are completely destroyed. I believe I can find screws, rubber parts etc at other places where I can simply buy them straight away and have them shortly but lenses appear to be a very big hassle.

If anyone can help me find anywhere, or any way, to obtain new Oakley (not cheap replacement) lens for the first generation romeo, I would very much appreciate it.
BTW, I have heard of various people (usually by screen name) who cut lenses, but so far I can not find a way to contact them; and the few links I have found to websites they may operate have been broken.

Finding OEM lenses will be finding a needle in a haystack. Most of us just have lenses cut, as you have deduced. The private messaging function is disabled for new users (need to wait 14 days and get the post count up or pay up for a premium membership)

Welcome! And peruse the rules, it'll further clarify and answer any member questions on here.

Welcome to the community. Please stick around a bit, after you gain access to the exchange and get yourself some new lenses you may find there's a lot more to this place than buying and selling!

:)

Thanks for the warm welcome all; rules read, exchange guidelines studied . . . however it would not appear to violate any of the aforementioned for someone to point me in the direction of an individual or website (other than in the forum exchange) where I could find pre-cut lenses or a lens cutting service...I actually thought I had found one myself before being forced to give up and try my luck on forums, but unfortunately it seemed to be old and no longer in service.
Not trying to disparage forums, just looking to do business efficiently and hassle free if possible, I have waaaay too many hobbies and forums to keep up with as is, this time, I am just looking for a part (which honestly I'm not too enthused about Oakley discontinuing, you would think when you buy lifetime quality frames that they would keep the lenses in production)

Back