• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello new to the forum questions about Juliet's!

Jack

Oakley Beginner
I have a pair of Juliet's I brought brand new around 2005. They do not have a serial # and I'm not sure why. I have not used them for over 4 years. The bridge is loose! My 4th pair of lenses are beat, the 2nd pair of temple rubbers need replaced and there are some scratches on the frames. From my experience the Oakley lenses just don't hold up. I seem to get one year out of them before the coating starts to peel or they get really scratched. At $90 a pop they are just not affordable. So I switched to Costa's and I've been using the same pair with the same lenses for over 4 years without a scratch. Probably because they are glass lenses.
Anyway, I'm looking to have my Juliet's redone.
Can someone please help!!!!! Is it worth having them tightened and refinished, buy new lenses and rubbers at around $200 for everything. What value would be put on they in like new condition, with being a pair that does not have a serial #?

The X-MAN Customs Corner | Page 113 | Oakley Forum
Mark(XMan) can tighten and refinish your frame. As for the lens, oakley.com still carries them or you can go aftermarket if price(or the # of replacement) is really an issue. How do you scratch your lens every year? Do you use your juliets as eye protection when doing DIYs or sports? My 24k XX lens is still scratch free after almost a year of using it. You could also check your local optometrist if they can custom make you a pair of glass lenses with your beat up lenses as a sample.

Definitely check out THE X-MAN to get your frame tightened. Beauty of X-Metals is with a quick tune and new set of lenses they're as good as new.

new rubbers are 9 bucks save your temple shox as this is not included in the rubber kit linegear sells rubbers as well refinish plus tightening 80 bucks XMAN is your friend on that one as for lenses 60-90 depending on what you want polarized or non, custom colors contact infinite hero or xmetalmaniac

Thanks for the replies. I'm not sure if my question of ------Is it worth spending that much money on a non serialized pair of juliet's? What $ value would you put on them?-----------is a question I shouldn't be asking.

XMan I have already contacted you. You didn't reply to me until the 3rd time I sent you a message. Your reply was ,fill out form and send them to the address. You totally disregarded my questions even when one question was how much would it cost. I've seen your work on your website and its really good, but I don't feel real good about sending my glasses to a stranger who won't even respond to my questions or even my messages for that fact!

Now wait a minute......I get 50 emails a day about how much for this and how much for that.everything is on the website or on the xman customs .pdf form.if I didnt get back to you right away I am sorry, but my easiest reply to alot of price questions is go to my website.sometimes you gotta help me help you.if you want to do a refinish and tuneup you could try oakley hq.they might help you more than I can.

Mark (xman) has done at least 6-7 tune ups and a complete overhaul on one of my trashed xx x metals and I can't stress enough how great the service was. Not only quick but carried out with extreme care and professionality. I had Oakley do some tunes and while they weren't bad, they weren't great. Don't hesitate to use him bro.

Thanks for the replies. I'm not sure if my question of ------Is it worth spending that much money on a non serialized pair of juliet's? What $ value would you put on them?-----------is a question I shouldn't be asking.

XMan I have already contacted you. You didn't reply to me until the 3rd time I sent you a message. Your reply was ,fill out form and send them to the address. You totally disregarded my questions even when one question was how much would it cost. I've seen your work on your website and its really good, but I don't feel real good about sending my glasses to a stranger who won't even respond to my questions or even my messages for that fact!

Not all Juliets had serial numbers as they discontinued using them. Some serial "versions" add maybe $25 to the cost of the frame. Some of the rare serials can increase the frame 2-3 times its actual cost depending on which one it was. Juliets without a serial have a great value, but its only what you are willing to invest into them. Dont let the fact that your pair not having a serial discourage you from restoring them. Mark does get tons of messages and emails as do the rest of us that do custom work. He has had more of my frames then I can count as I restore each one I come across. Hopefully some delayed, or short answered messages won't discourage you from restoring them. If I can be of help PM me and I will try to answer any of your questions. XMM

Back