• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello Oakley Fans

PVD-Guy

Oakley Beginner
Hello Oakley Fans

thanks for letting me join the forum, for more than 10 years the company i worked for was the PVD coating company for the Titanium X-Metal line that was cast in Dayton Nevada.

We developed the Plasma & Carbon process and ran production for years..

looking through old boxes this morning i found two pair, one being Carbon Black and the second is a development prototype set in Brown PVD

Thanks for letting me join..

PVD Guy

Here’s a picture of them..

image.jpg

Hello Oakley Fans

thanks for letting me join the forum, for more than 10 years the company i worked for was the PVD coating company for the Titanium X-Metal line that was cast in Dayton Nevada.

We developed the Plasma & Carbon process and ran production for years..

looking through old boxes this morning i found two pair, one being Carbon Black and the second is a development prototype set in Brown PVD

Thanks for letting me join..

PVD Guy
Welcome. So you worked for a separate company that Oakley contracted with? I always assumed all that was done in house at the xmetal warehouse. How was it working for/with Oakley on the xmetals?

And pay no mind to the sharks that already sent messages to buy your metals 😂

Oakley bought a closed golf club plant in Dayton Nevada using the loss wax casting method to produce the orbs, stems and bridges, i visited the plant many times during years of working with them.. the corporate headquarters in Foot Hill Ranch where the glasses were distributed from..

i only wish i would have kept the prototype developed frames over the years.. somewhere i have pictures coated X-Metals that never made production.. the polished Gold were released in limited production one year but colors like Blue, Purple & Green never released.

The production manager still lives in Dayton and we talk from time to time.. the plant was very profitable but the Italian owners felt the product line was limited and shut the facility down.. 😩

Oakley bought a closed golf club plant in Dayton Nevada using the loss wax casting method to produce the orbs, stems and bridges, i visited the plant many times during years of working with them.. the corporate headquarters in Foot Hill Ranch where the glasses were distributed from..

i only wish i would have kept the prototype developed frames over the years.. somewhere i have pictures coated X-Metals that never made production.. the polished Gold were released in limited production one year but colors like Blue, Purple & Green never released.

The production manager still lives in Dayton and we talk from time to time.. the plant was very profitable but the Italian owners felt the product line was limited and shut the facility down.. 😩

If you have find the pics please post!

Back