• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello Oakley Fans

Welcome aboard. Good insight. They did release a brown Juliet frame but i am no XM expert so I will let them chime in on the details.
i sent a message to my friend Gary asking about the Brown X Metals

here’s his response

The brown never was made into a production model. Only a couple dozen samples were made. I believe your wife had the a pair of the prototypes.

Maybe you should show Gary this.....

20171130_203124-jpg.jpg

To be fair maybe he is thinking of a different brown (different shade or formula) he was working on but a brown Juliet definitely got released.

Maybe you should show Gary this.....

View attachment 945297

To be fair maybe he is thinking of a different brown (different shade or formula) he was working on but a brown Juliet definitely got released.

Here’s Gary’s response after checking his records of production..

these were coated at the facility in Mexico not the production PVD plant in North Carolina..

Yup, your right. I had to go back to 2004. We made about 500 production pair, with less than 300 went out to retail. These were all coated in Tecate. They were discontinued because we couldn't maintain color uniformity across all 5 pieces.

Couple of questions, super interesting.
1.) There are a couple Richter Brown Juliets out there, I have one. They have a bit of a different shade on the orbitals but the stems seem to be the same shade as the JBR. What do you know about that?
2.) So you are saying there are only 300 JBR's out there, but were suppose to be 500?
3.) Maybe you know about the copper Romeos, that were tested but never came to be, 3 I heard, Me, JJ and some big corporate big wig in NYC.
Do you know about these, the coatings, anything?
1646842164561.jpeg

1646842187618.jpeg

1646842500972.png

1646842529901.png

1646842562287.png

Latest Posts

Back