• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello Oakley Fans

Here’s Gary’s response after checking his records of production..

these were coated at the facility in Mexico not the production PVD plant in North Carolina..

Yup, your right. I had to go back to 2004. We made about 500 production pair, with less than 300 went out to retail. These were all coated in Tecate. They were discontinued because we couldn't maintain color uniformity across all 5 pieces.
Checked on line there is a Tecate powder coating facility in Mexico, they did the JBR's there?

You come here with great knowledge, your mind will be picked clean, if not by all of OF, by me.
Your knowledge and sharing is greatly appreciated. Let it all go brother, we are here to listen, and buy any cool shĮt you have. Like XMetals.:whistle:

I'm also interested why they only made one Oakley shark sugender but i guess you wouldn't know the answer 😔

Welcome! 😁

F235753D-F050-4B24-AECE-9E91EBCF9A77.jpeg

Last edited:
Checked on line there is a Tecate powder coating facility in Mexico, they did the JBR's there?

You come here with great knowledge, your mind will be picked clean, if not by all of OF, by me.
Your knowledge and sharing is greatly appreciated. Let it all go brother, we are here to listen, and buy any cool shĮt you have. Like XMetals.:whistle:
the facility in Tecate Mexico was Ionbond and same as Greensboro NC, i was the Global Director until leaving 6 years ago to join Richter Precision to further development PVD into the Military Small Arns segment..

The X-Metal project was fun while it lasted..

i think these were done as we developed the high polished Gold one that were also limited production..

production PVD was never done @ Richter
Yes the Richter Brown were just test pairs. My favorite finish is the brown, I have a carbon XS that almost has a brownish carbon look.

the facility in Tecate Mexico was Ionbond and same as Greensboro NC, i was the Global Director until leaving 6 years ago to join Richter Precision to further development PVD into the Military Small Arns segment..

Any other stories would be appreciated.

did you hob nob with any Oakley brass?

Back