• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello! Straight jacket replacment

Jman5000

Oakley Beginner
Hello, new here! Been Oakley fan all my life. Started with the original blades in the 80s to my ewires and Juliet’s in the 90s to my valve , straight jacket regulars now.

I’m here because my lens became damaged recently for my beloved straight jacket and vale’s so when ordering replacements I noticed the straight jackets were discontinued. I got lucky Oakley still sells lenses however I’d like A new Replacement backup pair. I saw one floating around on oakleysi or similar and isnt see the glossed/ matte side pattern ….is it just matte black available at this point? Hope that makes sense.

Any idea how to get one with the fancy side lol.

on that note…even harder to find. Any idea how to find Replacement lenses for my black and grey valves? I cant seem to find out how to distinguish them from other years. ( I hope the black grey description helps point to which style im speaking of)

side note. I always assumed they would come out with a straight jacket with a grey temple piece Eventually and it seems they didn’t, I feel they had every other color. Did they have one and I missed it? My old values had the grey temple piece and loved it.

thank you for reading.

welcome first! There are different versions of the frames you mention so pictures would help so we know exactly which frame versions you are referring to.

There’s only two generations of Valves, either this one:

Or this one:

Most of the colorways are represented on O-Review, but they aren’t complete lists.

As far as lenses, here’s a guide:

There’s only two generations of Valves, either this one:

Or this one:

Most of the colorways are represented on O-Review, but they aren’t complete lists.

As far as lenses, here’s a guide:

Its the first valve you posted!

thanks I’ll look into the other stuff !

Latest Posts

Back