• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello! Wanna get to 15 posts! :-)

Stanleybb50

I should Work at Oakley
Pittsburgh
Hi everyone! I'm on a quest to get to 15 posts and then be able to use the classies :)

I don't even own a pair of Oakleys yet.. I had a fake pair in college that I used for baseball, and am currently wearing some "Flying Fisherman" glasses from Amazon - haha.

I stopped in a Sunglass hut to try to pick myself out an Xmas present.. I thought "hey maybe I'll finally spend $100 on a good pair of glasses" better cause I saw a sign that said 50% off Oakleys.

I keyed right in on the Tinfoil with the Titanium Iridium and said "so these are $125?" she was nice and basically told me "no" Haha.

So I had her write down the specs for the Tinfoil I liked and was on my way.... Well I spent the rest of the weekend reading this forum and went back and tried on more pairs and am now interested in:

- Tinfoil With the Titanium Iridium
- They have a sweet Gascan with wood grain frames and I think Tungsten Iridium lenses? (I can't even find these on the Oakley site)
- Bottle Rocket

So i walked in expecting to buy one pair for $10) and now I'm looking at like close to $500 for the 3 that I really really like! Haha. So now I'm hoping I'll spot something in the classies that I can at least curb some of the cost of 3 Oakleys at once!

I look forward to meeting you all!

Welcome to the forum. :)

You are in a load of trouble as you'll not find anyone here to stop you from buying as much as you can spend on
Yeah seriously! I'm already obsessed and don't even own a pair yet!

I watched the video of a tour of the facility in Cali and have been reading up/etc and have already become obsessed.

I think I was just shocked to see sunglasses actually looking good on me... Haha I swear only a couple thin framed wires ever look good, but I was surprised by the Gascan and the Bottle Rocket!

Then of course the Tinfoil would be my office/nicer occasion glasses.

I've been reading and trying to learn a lot!

Yeah seriously! I'm already obsessed and don't even own a pair yet!

I watched the video of a tour of the facility in Cali and have been reading up/etc and have already become obsessed.

I think I was just shocked to see sunglasses actually looking good on me... Haha I swear only a couple thin framed wires ever look good, but I was surprised by the Gascan and the Bottle Rocket!

Then of course the Tinfoil would be my office/nicer occasion glasses.

I've been reading and trying to learn a lot!
IF you want to get into big trouble look at the Juliets and Penny

On another note (not trying to just get my post count up... this is another thought/topic)

I'm trying to find the best deals/etc and sort of looked on that section, but I feel like there's something missing (deals wise). Like a decent website with authentic gear at decent prices? No? Refurbs? Blemishes? Haha :)

You all shop Sunglass Hut and the Oakley site mainly?

IF you want to get into big trouble look at the Juliets and Penny
I will! :)

Oh and I forgot to mention that they didn't have any Carbon blades there, but man those look interesting!

Then I'm gonna want other lenses... Haha. Like I'd love to have one pair dedicated to SUNNY and another for overcast, and another like the Daily Polarized for potential changing conditions...

I know I like contrast lenses. It I think I do at least. And I don't like things to be too "flashy". In my 30's and I'm a Dad now!

I don't shop anywhere but Oakley direct. Best place for me.

Others shop Oakley directly.....online...SGH....authorized retailers.... and other websites.....eBay...discount sites.......here.....depends.

I will! :)

Oh and I forgot to mention that they didn't have any Carbon blades there, but man those look interesting!

Then I'm gonna want other lenses... Haha. Like I'd love to have one pair dedicated to SUNNY and another for overcast, and another like the Daily Polarized for potential changing conditions...

I know I like contrast lenses. It I think I do at least. And I don't like things to be too "flashy". In my 30's and I'm a Dad now!
Old fart...... may as well shoot yourself now..... put yourself out of your misery. :rofl:

I don't shop anywhere but Oakley direct. Best place for me.

Others shop Oakley directly.....online...SGH....authorized retailers.... and other websites.....eBay...discount sites.......here.....depends.
Cool. Good to know. Thanks! I guess direct would be the best in case of any issues.

Back