• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hellooooo! :D

johncatral

Oakley Enthusiast
New Jersey
Hey everyone!

I'm JOhn from New Jersey. I just wanted to drop by and say my Hellos! I have always been a fan of Oakleys, but started more as a casual fan - Someone from outside looking in. I always thought growing up that Oakleys were great but too expensive for me. ;)

So 10 years ago, I had LASIK surgery and to celebrate I bought my first Oakleys - The Juliets. ;) Over the years, I've collected several other Oakley sunglasses and items. My main focus which really brought me into the fold were the X-Metal Juliets. Like many, I was sad that Oakley fazed out the X-metals, so now I plan on slowly collecting the older ones, like the Mars and the Romeos.

Hope to experience more with you all!

Thanks!

JOhn

Welcome to the forum. You will fit in well. There are lots of great members and this is the perfect time to buy x-metals.

Welcome to the forum. You will fit in well. There are lots of great members and this is the perfect time to buy x-metals.

Thanks!

Btw, why is it a perfect time to buy X-Metals? I would think it's harder and even more expensive since they're discontinued, right? :)

@johncatral Welcome from just north west of you (well, depending on where in Jersey you are). Thanks for finding us and signing up (and helping to support the site!)! I just quoted you in Jaytypes Romeo thread. ;)

It's the perfect time to grab some X Metals because the market is soft on them right now. Great deals to be had, especially in our exchange section, which you have access to right now as a premium member!

:)

@cyclerdoug is correct:cool-33:. Prices are much lower than I have seen within the last 3 years, plus some people need the money after the holiday season and are unloading them for less than they would normally take. I would say peak prices come in the spring/summer? I'm usually too busy with work to spend (wasteo_O?) as much time on here and looking elsewhere for x-metal deals to notice what the prices are like during the warmer months.
:beach:

@cyclerdoug is correct:cool-33:. Prices are much lower than I have seen within the last 3 years, plus some people need the money after the holiday season and are unloading them for less than they would normally take. I would say peak prices come in the spring/summer? I'm usually too busy with work to spend (wasteo_O?) as much time on here and looking elsewhere for x-metal deals to notice what the prices are like during the warmer months.
:beach:

If I had @OakleyFrankFMJ disposable O money none of you punks would even sniff an X Metal between now and May.

Or until my electric got shut off.

Back