• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help A Confused Noob With Regards To Metals...

washi me sensie

The Oakley Rōnin
bros! recently decided to shift my collection and go metal berserk. my first was an xsquared plasma with ice iridium bought two years ago. for this year i already purchased a juliet and more xsquareds then last week a mars. now after seeing most of the collections here im confused about certain metals i havent heard of. romeo 1 and 2 i know about it, how about xx? tio? pennys? whats the difference between all of them? thanks....

Most of the metals come in the same finishes. Most of the difference is in the shape/style. Here is a good resource to check out model #'s, finished and lens info with pictures.
The Oakley Review - Catalogue Listing then the xmetal tab.
Others on the forum know way for than I for specifics, Brip and xmetalmaniac to name a few.

bros! recently decided to shift my collection and go metal berserk. my first was an xsquared plasma with ice iridium bought two years ago. for this year i already purchased a juliet and more xsquareds then last week a mars. now after seeing most of the collections here im confused about certain metals i havent heard of. romeo 1 and 2 i know about it, how about xx? tio? pennys? whats the difference between all of them? thanks....

XX is very similar to the Juliet, but a bit larger, and has hammer stems.

TiO2 is a finish option, has X Metal colored nose bridge and stems, and plasma orbitals.

Penny is smaller than Juliets and has slightly more aggressive orbitals. It also has spring hinges.

Half X is a half wire frame, similar in size to the Juliet kind of. No flex coupler, different hinge style.

Those, plus the X Squared, Juliet, Mars, Romeo, and Romeo 2 are all 8 of the X Metals.

pennys are the ones to have haha! was the x- men 2 and 3 one. juliets were used in x-men 1 and black hawk down. trying to get 1 of each of the 8 models will be a good place to start for your collecting!

Pennys have really grown on me, and since we discussed my "issue" with Juliets, Pennys are my go to metals now and I want more :)

Pennys have really grown on me, and since we discussed my "issue" with Juliets, Pennys are my go to metals now and I want more :)

haha Rob, pennys really area fabulous design... i really wished thatthe juliet was a larger penny. the spring hinges save the flex coupler fromunnecessary stress. im loving the spring hinge and flex coupler combo- the mag switch is the same, and as of this moment my favourite frame (design wise) haha (the magnesium issues are annoying though)

Back