• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help a Frogskin Newb

Fresh

I should Work at Oakley
Mexico City
I know O-matter and X metals, but I'm a blank when it comes to frogs. Would one of you Frogskins connoisseurs please help me out and tell me if this is a real frog? I've never seen this model before (Or the box) would you say it is real? And if paying $40 for it would be good? All I can say is that they're brand new, apart from that I'm lost. Thank you!

IMG_4462.JPG

IMG_4463.JPG

IMG_4464.JPG

IMG_4465.JPG

IMG_4466.JPG

IMG_4467.JPG

IMG_4468.JPG

IMG_4469.JPG

IMG_4470.JPG

View attachment 328800

Btw the same guy has a 1st gen white frog (which I also have no idea if it's real) but this one has a strange hinge and it has japan printed in one of the stems. It's supposed to be new, but I have no idea if it's real and if it's worth $230. What do you think?

upload_2017-4-11_11-11-12.png

upload_2017-4-11_11-11-34.png

upload_2017-4-11_11-12-0.png

upload_2017-4-11_11-12-25.png

upload_2017-4-11_11-12-45.png

upload_2017-4-11_11-13-34.png

@Fresh both pairs are 100% legit! The 1st Gen Frogs were stamped with Japan, the pictures you provided look good to go if you are looking to purchase.

As for pricing, not 100% sure if $230 is fair for the 1st Gen. but it has the box and everything...I'd say you can't lose if you offer $120-$150

And the clear with torch frogs are a steal at $40!

@Fresh both pairs are 100% legit! The 1st Gen Frogs were stamped with Japan, the pictures you provided look good to go if you are looking to purchase.

As for pricing, not 100% sure if $230 is fair for the 1st Gen. but it has the box and everything...I'd say you can't lose if you offer $120-$150

Awesome! Thanks for the answer mag! I'm definitely taking the clear/torch, I'm still trying to see if the seller will lower the price on the 1st gen. I was never aware the frogs had a Japan stamp on the stem (I thought they all said made in the usa) it looks weird, but now that it has been cleared I can only hope the seller will agree to a more resonable price
Thanks again for the help!

id say around 80-100 for the gen 3 clears and like 140 for the gen1 just because they are complete. both are legit as this fine individual stated.

I remember you telling me you hated frogs lol @Fresh my how things change quick.
Haha, good memory man! My gf has a few frogs and while I'm not a huge fan (yet), I figured I'll get one just for the lols. Plus the price is quite decent (torch one) so there's not much to lose. Let's rock a set for a while and see how it goes
ps. there is no way I'm paying 2 grand for a special ed frog though:prankster:

Awesome! Thanks for the answer mag! I'm definitely taking the clear/torch, I'm still trying to see if the seller will lower the price on the 1st gen. I was never aware the frogs had a Japan stamp on the stem (I thought they all said made in the usa) it looks weird, but now that it has been cleared I can only hope the seller will agree to a more resonable price
Thanks again for the help!

SUCKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAA!

Latest Posts

Back