• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

HELP! Anyone Live Near Or In Chico, CA?

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Username Hidden said:
I'm a 5 hr round trip from Chico....Subysti lives near me too...I would go but I'm tied down with the kids this weekend.

Thanks ucdavis! I appreciate the reply.

Username Hidden said:
I believe that is the same guy Subysti was going to buy 3 pairs from and the guy turned out to be pretty flaky....read here:
http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-x-metal-exchange/5304-any-cali-guys-want-killer-deal.html

Thanks for the heads up!

Username Hidden said:
yup he is the one..$100 for a juliet is not bad...5 hour round trip is not worth it not unless its R1 or bundle sale...

Username Hidden said:
He's a super squirrel. I've been dealing with him and he doesn't make things easy. I passed on them after the high res pictures he sent me.

Forget it guys. I appreciate everyone who replied. I passed too, the guy started acting like an a-hole. I would've actually pulled the trigger, but I asked him for one last thing before I decided (and made mention that it would sway my decision)...I asked him for the full serial # of the pair in question. He replied "no full serial #, but it's there on the stem...starts with JG0xxxxx", then he went on saying..."buy them or not Burt (my effin name is Brant!!!), but I don't have time to waste going back and forth with you...buy them or move on." I told him forget it, if he was going to act like that I don't need them...there just a pair of glasses. End of story.

Some people reacted to this post.
Sounds like someone needs to pay this guy a visit with a crowbar.

Username Hidden said:
Sounds like someone needs to pay this guy a visit with a crowbar.

LOL! I wouldn't waste my time! He's selling them at a good price, and their 1st gen x-metal at that. But, the "his way or the highway" attitude isn't helping for anything. I'm sure it'll still go fast, if they're not gone by now.

^ That's almost an exact quote. He said... "if you want them, you'll do it my way..." Ok maniac. Another pair will come along somewhere else from a decent seller, I'll pass.

Username Hidden said:
^ That's almost an exact quote. He said... "if you want them, you'll do it my way..." Ok maniac. Another pair will come along somewhere else from a decent seller, I'll pass.

LOL, yup! That guy has a chip on his shoulder. I mean, I understand that it's his Juliets to do with what he pleases, but damn, have a little courtesy when speaking to a potential buyer...especially one that you're asking to send you CASH ONLY through the frickin mail! I'm really glad that I ended up walking away from this and didn't go against what I stand for. My gut tells me that something just wasn't right with this sale.

this guy has been bad news since that listing first went up.. sigh some people.. i dont get them.

Latest Posts

Back