• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help Buy My First Ever Oakleys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeccaBear

Oakley Enthusiast
Hi guys, as you can see I am completely new here :) I was just wondering if I could get some advice from some of you as I want to get some Oakleys and where I live there are literally no stores which sell them so I can't go to a store to check them out :(

Basically, I have never had Oakleys before but since its my birthday soonish I was promised to get some :D so Ive been trying to read up on my stuff and check things out on the website and things and I think I've come to the decision that Prizm is the way to go (if its not tell me otherwise :p)

Because these will mostly be worn whilst out and about with friends, or at the beach or whilst driving, I figured the best ones to go for would be the daily prizms? But to me the look of the lens looks a little bit.... plain compared to the rest. But then I saw that some of the other Prizms are polarized? (I guess polarized = good for me, yes?) but they say things like "dead sea" and "golf" and whatever else lol so like... are these glasses ONLY for that or are they just kinda called that because of some other reason? Is it a good idea to wear the water ones for why/where I wear shades? Or would they suffer/feel inferior to say the daily prizms?

Oh and also... does anyone know if when ive ordered off the website if I don't like them can I return them and exchange them etc?

Any help would be awesome :) thanks guys! <3

First off welcome. No stores around? Where do you live? Yes you should be able to return them. Look on the website, if all else fails wait around until you get access to exchange and get them cheaper on here.

I live in the UK in the middle of no where (the countryside) lol the only place which sells them is a small opticians about 30mins drive away and the ones I want they dont sell :(

Any thoughts / opinions on the prizm thing which is confusing me? :)

Never owned prizm lens but whenever people buy them they love them. I say give them a shot, you can always return them or pass them on to someone on the forum. Once you get started on Oakley it's like a drug so take it easy.

So wearing the water ones is not advisable for daily every day use?

They can almost all be used for daily activities. Some are just a little better in lower light, and others better in bright light. Have you ever had any other sunglasses? Someone a good place to start is getting a color similar to what you are familiar with!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back